Server Status (outdated)

the fixes to the new buffering system went in and there was one teething crash. It all appears to be running smoothly now.

This is good news - the thread count has been reduced quite considerably, the memory footprint per player has also been reduced by a good amount, which means we can put up the number of players online - hopefully we will need this for the alpha launch party!

Yet another crash?!?

How are chances we go back to a more stable version again? (in case that´s possible at all)

we're all in the same boat, so no reason to be impatient. I want my EnB back too.

it is possible, but if we did that every time we faced instability we wouldn't make nearly as much progress. It's not as if the coders put in a bunch of crap code that blew up the server, more like we implemented nearly perfect code that did not work as intended because it has to handle so many people. If we took this new code out it'd be back to square one for that particular issue. Things get tested and seem fine, but they don't always work perfectly when they transfer over to the play server. With a little work from the coders I can assure you it will be fine soon.

and if that's not enough I can assure the crashing/CTD problems are the number one priority for our server devs.

I´d like to aplogize since I did not intend to sound impatient or rude there.

You devs are doing a marvellous job in bringing EnB back to life at all, so: Kudos!

It´s just my personal bad luck to live in Europe and have a week off work right now with some hours to spare in the morning.

The last three days, this was just the time frame to find the server either dead or dying;):(