Server Status (outdated)

Oh and I thought is was my bad opcode,...... what is bad opcode, why are we getting it and why can't it be fixed?

I think bad OP code has to do with UDP packet size. It could be that the ISP involved with the ENB server has made changes. In that case its not easy for the DEVS to fix it.

And like a giant clocked in the face with barn thrown out of a massive catapult, PTR finally goes down after taking forever to fall.

Play: DEAD

Test: FAILED

Dev: NULL

NOTE: Pardon my puns; I'm just making light of the situation.

Play had crashed in some nasty linked list where AFAIK it's never crashed before (I thought I had purged all of those :P ).

Earlier I had accidentally clicked on the 'restart computer' button on the dev server but because there was a dead command window it wouldn't shut down :( It's somehow managed to resurrect itself.

The PTR had crashed in one of the last vestiges of STL code, and in this case, it was pretty much undebuggable (it's about 50/50 with STL).

All in all, not a good night ... All 3 servers are restarting now, and there's yet more code re-writes I gotta do :(

Excuse the off-topic post, but we need an EA CEO mob to gank in effigy.

Oh please, please, pretty please put in an EA CEO mob. Make it a job mob or something, lvl 135 or lvl 150 job.

(BTW John Riccitiello is the current CEO of Electronic Arts, but putting his name in directly may draw the ire of the EA's scumba....er... legal staff. Even using the the name EA might not be good, but maybe a variation of it. Make it like a jenquai name E'Ace'O)

First i got mobs in VT on 1 out of 2 chars (different computers)

I relogged both and now i got no mobs on either hehe

EDIT:

Ok tested a little and its random wich char i get to see the mobs on or not. The Char not seeing mobs doesnt get attacked either...

Edited by Balderhagen

First thanks for the work getting us back to playable, much appreciated.

One thing persists (other than the lack of Mobs mentioned already), and that is problems at the build terminal. This morning while the server was not busy my builds would load fine, but as more people get online it seems to get worse. Sometimes the list refuses to load (but doesn't crash the launcher or give any optcodes), sometimes it load partially, and I even get an occasional error about "too many filter requests, please wait". This happens most on my TT (Lannister) but has happed on my PT as well. Asking around the guild it seems many others are experiencing this as well.

Oh please, please, pretty please put in an EA CEO mob. Make it a job mob or something, lvl 135 or lvl 150 job.

(BTW John Riccitiello is the current CEO of Electronic Arts, but putting his name in directly may draw the ire of the EA's scumba....er... legal staff. Even using the the name EA might not be good, but maybe a variation of it. Make it like a jenquai name E'Ace'O)

Perhaps a Tada'O mob with a name that is an anagram of whoever pulled the plug on EnB in 2002...?

In 2001: A Space Odyssey the computer's name was HAL, as I remember it it was one step up from the IBM of Old?

H-I A-B L-M

Anyway something like one step DOWN from EA (seems fitting) could be FB mob...seems sort of in sync with the game yes?

E-F A-B

Mob spawn rate still seems to be extremely slow or non-existant in some areas.

I killed some missile drone in mars and they still hadn't respawned after 30 mins.

couldnt find any mobs in the rest of the sector after that either and also none in earth.

Having issues with characters not being saved across logout and login.

My character Bliss is having this issue and someone else in general chat said they were having it too. Yet someone else said they weren't having the issue - may be not yet?

Edit 1: Tested with a different character - LotTS. Logged in to find character onboard F7. Undocked warped to an asteroid field & mined an asteroid. Hold contained two ores. Logged out while still in the field. Shut down proxy and launched again. Logged in to F7 without ores in hold.

Edited by Lot

I can confirm the issue of characters not being saved upon logout. Looted the hulkfield around Ruins of Jove City, went back to Jove's Fury to sell, then relogged to character select. Logged back in at Dahin sector, without the tradelevel I earned from selling the hulkfield loot.

I can confirm the issue of characters not being saved upon logout. Looted the hulkfield around Ruins of Jove City, went back to Jove's Fury to sell, then relogged to character select. Logged back in at Dahin sector, without the tradelevel I earned from selling the hulkfield loot.

Also confirmed on both my TS and TE. Playing New Vegas and loaning the computer to the wife while it gets fixed =)

hit my lv 30 and got the hull and the cygni, finished Sander Pauls mission etc, switch to js so, switched back and started at getco campus instead of earth station with lv 29, without hull,cygni and the missions

Jeez what are you guys doing to that server??

It's started crashing all over the place in areas that haven't changed in years (literally). Each time a new crash comes up I apply a bandaid so it can't happen again and mark code for 'rewrite' and then it happens somewhere else that's been safe for years too.

You guys are killing me ;)