Server Status (outdated)

I give up also this clearly isnt something thats going to be fixed tonight/early morning. I'll check again when i wake up in 5 hours or so until then good night

I think the restart fixed a few of my issues, i was playing most of the day, but i couldn't get the GMTools to work re-installed a few times,  the tools kept crashing no matter what i did,   Thanks Zack

Well said Zackman if they don't like the way it is run and want to complain about something they get for free let them go play another game that they pay money to play and then they have the right to bitch.

I am just happy to be able to play this game that I truly love and thought was gone forever but for you kind souls that have brought joy back to me so I say great job and THANK YOU.

• Upvote 1

The REALL free to play concept is hard to grasp for some people.

Be thankfull for what is given, support what is done and be mature when things dont work correctly at times.

• Upvote 1

Zackman you hit the nail right on the head!

I found this project in May 2008 and helped beta test and develop (more like remember) content and do my small part to get this wonderful game back.  And I play the game waaaaaaayy too much ^_^

There is much more than meets the eye here, be aware of that when you make your "helpful" little observations <_<

• Upvote 2

Nope. Sorry Zackman. That is what is called a copout. And a bad one.

What has been done is indubitably a lot of work. But. But, the game exists because of the community around it, right? Right. Therefore, just as you always fix bugs (nope, sorry) and listen to the players when they tell you there are things to be changed (nope, sorry), then it's equally your responsibility as devs to keep the community informed. Don't tell me it takes too much time to make a four line post 'we're on it, we're fixing it'. And don't tell me 'there's something wrong but we can't go into details' is defensible, either - as a matter of fact, it's particularly bad. As to 'we're all busy doing other things', well, perhaps then it's time to recruit other people so as to share the load and have a reasonable 24/7 coverage.

As to the fact that 'the game is free and we should be grateful whatever we get', see above. Once you build a community around a project there are standards of behaviour which one really should adhere to. Not tell people 'we should be ashamed of ourselves' when noone spent ONE QUARTER of the time you spent writing your post in composing a quick note 'folks, X happened, Y is working on it, ETA is Z hours'. Since you talk about reprehensible attitudes, right back at you, kind sir.

Does this make me an ungrateful sod? I'm sure I will be called as much. And I'm sure someone will question what I know of supporting a community. I have some first hand knowledge. And made damn sure that how no matter how much I got pissed when users were pushing my buttons, I kept my side of the bargain up, which was to treat the project as a work project, out of respect for all the people who contributed something to the community. Which is why, I freely admit, I'm no longer involved. I no longer have the time, though I must say I was never able to devote thousands of hours in a 7 month period to anything. Something funny to do with the way I count. 

• Downvote 5

Oh and, TooTall, 'there is way more than meets the eye': great, could you or someone please explain? As far as I know no NDA with EA was signed, so there is no reason not to have full disclosure. Enlighten us players, it'll be a service to everyone, I'm sure.

• Downvote 4

Once upon a time....

Restarting.

Just fo a bit of context..

Searing

I love you guys. Thanks for this. I have a family of four with a fith on the way. Played this game back when I was 19. Can't afford to pay to play online anymore. I look forward to this game every free chance I get. And hope you guys never give up.

Thanks again.

Edited by Dakynos
removed long double quote
  • Upvote 3

Once upon a time....

would vote this up a million times over if possible!  Thank you to all the DEVs and staff for sacrificing so much of your lives to bringing life back to this game :D

Edited by Dakynos
removed long quote
  • Upvote 3

I think the problem is that some people think there should be someone to reboot the game (or at least let them that they are aware) 24/7.  They think that this is a job, not a labor of love.

If you think someone should be available 'all the time', then volunteer to take a shift.

And, you are wrong, this game would be here without the community.  They built it before there was a community.  It certainly is for fun with the community and I'm sure the devs and others get more satisfaction when there is a large community.

But, the fact is, there is NOT someone on-line 24 hours a day.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like we have a new Troll in the Forum, I could almost see the tears in his post. I enjoyed your post Zack and next time get your coffee and hit the Loo first, we can wait.

Thank you. :yes: :yes:

So I get called a troll and part of the problem, but once again, clarity is not provided. That's OK, I can draw my own conclusions: it's pretty evident that we operate in very, very different ways. I won't disturb anyone further, promised.

• Downvote 2