Server Status (outdated)

Who exactly are the persons with the ability's to even startup the play server ?

I heard on TS that Dave won't be around till Monday.

Wellp, if that's the case then I guess I'll be going to the bar tonight...guess I'll have to go drink and socialize with the ladies...shucks ;)

On a side note, I hope any of our community members in Hawaii are keeping themselves out of harms way with that Tsunami coming at them. If you're reading this now...get the frag to higher ground :P

Who exactly are the persons with the ability's to even startup the play server ?

I heard on TS that Dave won't be around till Monday.

If this is true it's time the server gets moved from the guest room to a server farm.

It could be worse. EnB Emu is down, but I'm happy that I just got power on after almost 3 days of being without electric, heat, or hot water. (Massive snowstorm, worst to hit NY/NJ area since 1934) ;)

Boiling spaghetti pots full of meltwater and digging out from 4 feet of snow for the win :P

It could be worse. EnB Emu is down, but I'm happy that I just got power on after almost 3 days of being without electric, heat, or hot water. (Massive snowstorm, worst to hit NY/NJ area since 1934) ;)

Boiling spaghetti pots full of meltwater and digging out from 4 feet of snow for the win :P

I don't know about since 1934....we've had some pretty bad ones the last couple years (3 or so years ago on X-mas, 3 feet of snow in less than a day). But yea, this one was pretty bad.

well since the server been down for almost 12hs, a mini info of the staff would be nice ...

not asking for much but like ..working on it , wont be up for at least 12hs or 2 days w/e

just an update would be nice, even when you dont have to ;)

I agree that a little information would go a long way. With the server being down for so long some of us wonder "Should I go start on that huge project I've been putting off that will take me the next 6 hours to do?" or "Should I sit here and check on the status every 30 minutes or so?".

I think from what I've read the large majority of the community is very appreciative of all the work the devs and staff do to keep this game alive and make it better every day. However, there is a high level of frustration with the lack of information flowing from the staff to the members. Just not knowing is worse than knowing the server might be down for a couple days.

Edit: This really is worsened for those of us who do not log on TS for one reason or another.

The server status says "Online" but I get to Megan and enter password and a box says "Connecting to Server" but nothing happens.

Same for me :-(

edit:-

Ticking "local cert" worked for me, got in first time after doing it.

Many thanks Fuulish :-)