Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='Totte' timestamp='1354956525' post='68416']
If there was an AAA title with the same level of service as you guys are providing, noone would ever quit playing it...
[/quote]

thanks after doing 40 some tickets and kicking countless toons (some more then once) i at least appreciate it

of course it was all for naught....server is down as of about 2:45am ...(hopefully for a fix)

Searing
  • Upvote 1

First I hate the crashes and downtimes, Secondly I love the fact that you folks (DEVS, GMS ) are putting EA to shame, I am quiet certain that Westwood is rooting for you guys, good job :)
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1354956340' post='68413']
PS.:
The "Logoff" bug should be fixed too.
[/quote]

jeez....you kept me running last nite (frigging coders ...just cause i can't get the voodoo brand chicken entrails and the dummies guide to witchcraft i have no way to fix the server)

off to find you server devs more "brains" (shifts hunchback)

Searing
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='FireRibs' timestamp='1354956677' post='68418']
First I hate the crashes and downtimes, Secondly I love the fact that you folks (DEVS, GMS ) are putting EA to shame, I am quiet certain that Westwood is rooting for you guys, good job :)
[/quote]

westwood studios has a legacy site on facebook i posted the enb-emulator is now LIVE and they said "awesome" and re-posted....so at least they appreciate us!

so go ahead if you have a facebook account jump look up 'westwood studios' do a like...grab a youtube demo of enb post it on your timeline.......pass the word

Searing
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='FireRibs' timestamp='1354957929' post='68423']
Currently have my facebook account deactivated, however I am passing the word around, I have recruited a friend and a cousin already :)
[/quote]

well most of my friends have at least 50 friends...i told people about it before i put a link on facebook now that i put the link on facebook they actually click the link and want to play the game (duh)....but yeah 1 posting hit 50 friends say per person in game we could be talking real big numbers

anyway i got most of my new people with the facebook post vidieo of the "extended play t.v. shows review of EnB when it 1st came out in 2002 4 out of 5 stars....its on youtube if anyone wants to also promote or link us here with that plug and directions to the site and forum here

my 2c worth
Searing

2c worth you say, well you sir/mam clearly underestimate yourself, not to kiss your @##, your word is worth a coupla millions, do you have any idea how much you could be making if this game went commercial. Now if you would excuse me I have some chavez to slaughter :)

[quote name='Searing' timestamp='1354956658' post='68417']
thanks after doing 40 some tickets and kicking countless toons (some more then once) i at least appreciate it
[/quote]

Please observe this very well Searing!

That bug was a result of the memory snycronizing process currently implemented to regain server stability.
Be sure such "collateral damage" will happen again when we add stability code - which is than basically just revealing other code that needs to be synced as well.

BUT....the last changes (exactly syncing some of these heave load portions of the code) made the server running without a crash since the patch was applied yesterday.
And [b]THAN[/b] a simple "buffer overrun" in a mob name buffer killed the fun ago 1h.... :lol:
[size=3][i](who in all names is naming a mob "Earth Captain John Silver in his ugly fugly terran fighter floating in the space looking for threats")....[/i][/size]

I'm OT btw....
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Darkk' timestamp='1355021803' post='68472']
The server is being worked on.

Please be patient during our downtime. :)
[/quote]

Me thinks this was prematurely called live. Worked much better in Beta. :( Edited by DigitalHytop

[quote name='DigitalHytop' timestamp='1355022006' post='68475']
Me thinks this was prematurely called live. Worked much better in Beta. :(
[/quote]

Beta wasnt under the same kind of load.

Honestly, I am having more fun here, even with the crashes and unexpected downtimes, than I have had in any paid games in the last 7-10 years

[quote name='Shadinaxx' timestamp='1355022381' post='68480']

Beta wasnt under the same kind of load.

Honestly, I am having more fun here, even with the crashes and unexpected downtimes, than I have had in any paid games in the last 7-10 years
[/quote]
That's fine for you maybe, but for me and all the new invites I've brought in since live announcement, I'm finding myself trying to keep folks around when they keep getting frustrated. I'm still here, I love the game. But keeping the newcomers around is becoming a real challenge. Just saying. This should have still been called beta. This is NOT live material.

We've been encouraged to bring more folks in, but as soon as I get mine here, they are gone again complaining with not being able to play when they get in. Just sayin'.

Eh, this was caused by all the new stuff we programmed and had no way of foretelling, sorry you're having to play gracious host but nothing can be done. We don't exactly have people to stress test on a test code base at the same level of players. This issues don't show up, since they don't show up we don't know they are there.

Just the way things is when you write code of this nature. If you want, its written in C++, let me know when you feel comfortable with the language and you can help us make it worthy.
  • Upvote 2

Just sayin - it's free, funded on donations. Even so called "free to play" games on the market now, have alot less developer feedback, they have requirements of payments (pay to progress, etc), and/or have tons of ads, install this search engine popups, etc. This is a no hassle, well moderated, well informed free to play game that allows you donate any amount you think it's worth that is put towards making the game and it's servers better. I know I dont need to sell YOU on this, but if you're having trouble selling this to your recruits, remind them that it's free, clean fun. No ads, no "buy this to make yourself look cool and amaze your friends!" or "just for the next 15 minutes, pay $.99 for a special decal on your ship!"

We get content regardless of if we pay out cash.
We get quick server maintenance when something does happen, any delays and we are notified.
We get interaction with devs and GM's, we even get to watch devs and GMs poke fun at eachother.
We get a strong community willing to help eachother out in the game.

Those are just a couple of the "we gets" Here's a "We have to"

We have to put up with strange crashes on a regular basis. However, we are told that each bug found, is another bug that wont occur again. Granted, end result is that the server crashes.

TL;DR - If your friends arent patient for all the "we gets" that are basically free... They can check us out after they are bored with something else, their characters will still be here, for free.