Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='Xtraterran' timestamp='1304455242' post='40184']
Right in time after a long workday! :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Lucky you :-) for me almost bedtime grrrrr have fun :-)

is the Regestration for new accounts working ? My Daughter made a new account here and at Net-7 and has been waiting 2 days for a E-Mail to Play ?? Every Time She trys to logg on Megan Tells Her She has not compleated Registration .. well She cant without a E-Mail Reply , She has requested prolly 10-12 and nothing .

Status update ...

The server's been acting a bit weirdly due to some fallout from some new stuff we just added. The weirdness only affects certain zones, which is why we didn't pick it up in testing.

As it turns out, the weirdness only affected sectors which haven't had 'decorations' added yet. By decorations I mean those asteroids, old bones etc you can't click on you see especially in the more mature sectors like Sol (especially the Asteroid Belts) and Aragoth.

The bug was associated with the handling for a new ability added for MOBs to create their own 'environmental effects'. Why should they need to do that, and what is an environmental effect? That would be telling ...

All fixed now in the restart that's just started.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1304493066' post='40204']
Status update ...

The server's been acting a bit weirdly due to some fallout from some new stuff we just added. The weirdness only affects certain zones, which is why we didn't pick it up in testing.

As it turns out, the weirdness only affected sectors which haven't had 'decorations' added yet. By decorations I mean those asteroids, old bones etc you can't click on you see especially in the more mature sectors like Sol (especially the Asteroid Belts) and Aragoth.

[b]The bug was associated with the handling for a new ability added for MOBs to create their own 'environmental effects'. Why should they need to do that, and what is an environmental effect? That would be telling ...[/b]
All fixed now in the restart that's just started.
[/quote]

That sounds really interesting. Maybe that means that more people will want a JE around to counter that particular mob ability (Environment shield)

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1304543699' post='40224']
That sounds really interesting. Maybe that means that more people will want a JE around to counter that particular mob ability (Environment shield)
[/quote]

There are other types of spacial anomaly/aka environmental effect that env shield won't screen against. Luckily the scout is being given a new skill that should deal with some of them.

[quote name='Tashazar' timestamp='1304465472' post='40192']
is the Regestration for new accounts working ? My Daughter made a new account here and at Net-7 and has been waiting 2 days for a E-Mail to Play ?? Every Time She trys to logg on Megan Tells Her She has not compleated Registration .. well She cant without a E-Mail Reply , She has requested prolly 10-12 and nothing .
[/quote]

If you don't get an email just try another email address. Some adresses seem not to work.

freenet for example i never got an email, with googlemail it worked.

greets
Hexergirl

[quote name='Lannister' timestamp='1304800241' post='40357']
Crash - and let me say some very interesting things going on since the patch.
[/quote]

What is being seen? Things were looking normal before I called it a night.

1st time for me posting in this thread xD

I just installed a fresh new clean enb client on this fresh new OS, along with the enb notifiers. 1 says the server has never been seen sense dinosaurs, the other says jokingly, the server WAS online, so and supposedly its starting up according to the Client's status... Whats going on which one is more correct? Is the server up or down please let me know. I'm little tired and confused right now. ;)

The last thing I saw in general chat

"LOL My map has sideways question marks"

Then I warped through joves fury, came to a slow stop about 40km past it...

Yeah server crashed again methinx.