Server Status (outdated)

Figures, I just get into Sat with a hold full of combat jobs all going to different navs.

Guy in OOC said is server down? People were laughing and 2 sec later.. poof..lol

I was the one laughing.  * FACE. PALM. *

I'll take a look if Zackman doesn't beat me to it (he's quick).

C Del I think what you guys are doing is awesome. However what is causing these random crashes and are we just resetting it without finding the source of the issue? Just curious cause the crashes seemed more ... Often then usual.

Im on it.

When i read this it sounded like Michael Keaton saying "I'm Batman!" :ph34r:   got a chill  LOL

Thanks for all you guys and all you do to keep things running ;)

ooo Starting :lol:

Edited by Hobbs

Bluebull,

the crashes are happening more often the last few days because we are having changes on the live server adressing our problems.

These changes are helping the stability issues but also showing now other problems, which we are fixing step by step.

Please expect a few more problems the next time but keep in mind that (although it doesnt feel like it) that it should lead to the a more stable server again.

Batman

C Del I think what you guys are doing is awesome. However what is causing these random crashes and are we just resetting it without finding the source of the issue? Just curious cause the crashes seemed more ... Often then usual.
Tienbau, Zackman, Kyp, et al. are the awesome ones. I just pop in every now and then and break things. :P

You are correct that crashes have been happening more often than in the past, but this is not completely a bad thing. The reason it's happening is that we continue to have more and more players online at once. As we've pushed toward 400 simultaneous users, and then on to 500, the increased load on the server has caused less-than-perfect or older sections of the code to break under the new found stress. Each time the server crashes, Zackman, and recently Tienbau again, are doing their best to fix the problem so it doesn't happen again, which is why the server doesn't always come back immediately. Zackman has been doing a terrific job of keeping the server going and minimizing downtime. These are growing pains and, while they hurt a bit now, they'll make us bigger and stronger in the end.