Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1355023200' post='68486']
Eh, this was caused by all the new stuff we programmed and had no way of foretelling, sorry you're having to play gracious host but nothing can be done. We don't exactly have people to stress test on a test code base at the same level of players. This issues don't show up, since they don't show up we don't know they are there.

Just the way things is when you write code of this nature. If you want, its written in C++, let me know when you feel comfortable with the language and you can help us make it worthy.
[/quote]

I'm assuming this was a reply to me Kyp. I totally have full respect for all you and the other devs are doing here. Again, I love this game. I've been here for the past couple years following your progress, and loving all you've accomplished. My only complaint is that you folks took this to live status and it is less stable now than it was weeks before in beta.

Now you are asking us as long time beta users to invite folks in calling this a live status, and it is crashing 2, sometimes 3 times a night. Those of us bringing folks in are kinda feeling like fools for talking the game up so much, all for the invites to keep getting booted during prime play time and they can't progress. They are frustrated, and rightfully so.

This technically should still be beta so it doesn't lead folks to believe it is any more stable than that. Edited by DigitalHytop

Unknowns due to server population.

Before Live 200ish players.
After Live 500+ players.

As Kyp mentioned, if you are versed in C++, SQL Databases, Hyperthreading, we're interesting in your input. Seriously. :)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1355024585' post='68498']
Simple answer for that DH:

Man cannot see, man cannot fix. :)
[/quote]

Well again Kyp, not trying to bash you. Believe it or not, many of us know and understand what you are going through to provide this service to us. We love you. We love what you are doing. Just feel it from our side for a moment too. Just trying to help you understand the frustration your dedicated player base is feeling.

I am getting kinda put off by all the crashes and bug too..

BUT I know the great people we have as DEVS and the TESTERS . They are busting there assest's off trying to fix what is going on .

I have been with the EMU project since the " Java " day's and I know the the DEV'S are yanking what little hair they have left . They are not even paid for what they do . How about saying " alsome job " or a Thank You to them sometimes .

with that said I will just kick back and wait for the alsome team we have to do what they need to do .

Im on the west coast and I got people saying the servers are up, but they are all showing down to me. The net-7.org site, teamspeak, etc. Any idea whats wrong?

[quote name='Trapt' timestamp='1355031091' post='68513']
Im on the west coast and I got people saying the servers are up, but they are all showing down to me. The net-7.org site, teamspeak, etc. Any idea whats wrong?
[/quote]

what is your ISP name just in case i have another with an issue

searing

My ISP is Suddenlink cable internet. I changed some DNS settings and it connected to the server instantly. IF anyone is having these same issues see the post in the support form that is stickied called "DNS"

[quote name='Shadinaxx' timestamp='1355022381' post='68480']
Beta wasnt under the same kind of load.

Honestly, I am having more fun here, even with the crashes and unexpected downtimes, than I have had in any paid games in the last 7-10 years
[/quote]

I agree with this 1000% nothing out there now compares to this one. Even with the crashes. Hell i spend 6 months locked out over a small change. But i love this game. Our Dev's are doing a great job and will eventualy take this game places the original creator's only dreamed about. But like everything it's got growing pains. Nothing to do but tough it out and think of the fact that each bug found is one more killed.