Server Status (outdated)

Guys:

Let me clear up an obviously fundamental misunderstanding. The player count will go up and down as you see the character select screen, so if you're making it that far then other people are [u]NOT[/u] getting in. I saw a lot of those posts in the last couple of pages.

You perform your first login, and thus increment that counter by the time you see your toons in character select. This doesn't necessarily mean that many people are actually logged into the game.

I will have a look at the server now and see if I can determine what's going wrong.

no, that's likely our occasionally reoccurring dns problem, I've been unable to find anything in our logs to indicate it still happening at specific times and our DNS is served via our host provider so its possibly an issue on their side. I am looking into that one but it seems to occur around midnight US Est when it happens.

Yep, the launcher is trying to check in with patch.net-7.org and net-7.org becomes unavailable around this time when it happens, it should be back in less than 15-20 mins, usually is (bout 1am EST)

Odd, but possibly also to do with the above. you may also try logging out of Windows and back in to ensure no instances of the client process were running.

[quote name='Hober' timestamp='1354773227' post='68157']
Have the same problem as Cleo on 2 computers. Reboot was no help.
[/quote]

Glad its not only me hehe well not glad its happening....Yeah did reboot and everything nada Kyp I think the hamster is out again :P

[IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/Shadinaxx/Noname-1.jpg[/IMG]

Here's the error. Most likely just the server burp you mentioned, but at least it's a baseline we can all stare at an go "yup"

The game hamster is alive and running, I'm currently whipping him to make him run faster as punishment for the downtime.

I'm afraid the DNS hamster is stone f*cking dead. I've prodded him a few times, but damnit Jim I'm a programmer, not a doctor.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1354773829' post='68162']
The game hamster is alive and running, I'm currently whipping him to make him run faster as punishment for the downtime.

I'm afraid the DNS hamster is stone f*cking dead. I've prodded him a few times, but damnit Jim I'm a programmer, not a doctor.
[/quote]

hahaha Nicely done :P Told ya crackers and cheese no wine works! last thing ya need is a drunk hamster running around

jmes:

Command prompt > type 'ipconfig /flushdns' and try again. The net-7.org DNS is becoming functional again as I type this. This *should* resolve it for you.