Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='Annikan' timestamp='1354430891' post='67713']
u know this is gettin old
:mad:
[/quote]

I'm starting to agree. I just invited back a bunch of old timers to experience the game "live" and now I'm embarrassed and finding myself defending the game with all the outages. Especially on the weekend. I experienced far less downtime in beta and was so proud to share my experiences with the Emu pre-live. Starting to think I was premature in doing the invites, and sorrily getting tired of trying to spend what free time I have to play, attempting to get anything done in the time I have to play.

just press the check button on launcher every few min and theres alot more uptime then downtime TBF and atleast with the emu you have a dev or gm on pretty much all the time compared to the original where you wouldn't see or hear from anyone for days and outages could be random and for hrs and hrs with no help in the forums either

Just because the game is 'Live' doesn't mean it is bug free. There can be several reasons why the server is not up and like any game it will become more stable as time goes by. Considering the large number of players now I am surprised its been as stable as it has been. Suck it up :D

....and now it is 'starting'......w00t Edited by Crichton

We apologize for the outages, but like has been stated before, they are a work in progress of fixing.

The bugs/issues causing these crashes were unknown quantities at the time the decision was made to go live. They only occur when two players access the exact same memory slot at the exact same moment, causing data to corrupt and after enough corruption, the server stops working.

When we had 100-150 people on, you never saw it, but with 300-450 on, there are an exponential amount more of these data crashes happening. It was a fundamental internal design flaw of scale that NO ONE knew about or realized until the massive post-live rush started happening.

In essence, it was a problem all along that never came up because there werent enough people to stress test it enough and make it happen.

Each time it happens is another thing to fix, and its quite hard to track down I am told.

So yeah, inconvenience sucks and all that, but we have really like two people, maybe three that can even work on this right now, they are on in their spare time... and there are thousands upon thousands of lines of code to clean up and correct.

Its a project of pretty sizeable proportions so cut them some slack... unless youd like to get in the haystack with them finding all the needles.

To those who understand and are patient, thanks.
  • Upvote 1

just an idea Stanig but is there anyway to log out players that are inactive for say 1hr of non movement as it may help with some server load if they fall asleep or just log a toon to sit in a station and then never use it or forget to logout and go to work

[quote name='Doddel' timestamp='1354360365' post='67621']
hmm 12:10 pm. start game. watching intro see Megan type login and pasword and bye megan and bye game. i tried 6x time and wait severall times. and i see the online-126 going up but wont let me in.

any1 else has the same ?

last night no problems at all.
[/quote]
solved, compatible mode was changed on the client.exe again. i notice it happens all the time when getting updates in win7 :(