Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='amelea' timestamp='1339387956' post='58726']
If you're talking about the list of players online on Net-7.org, I don't think it's a consistently updated list, and it may have just been listing the people online (and with no privacy settings) at the moment the server died. It lists me as online at Aragoth Station, and I had logged off to try to reboot the game only to find that the server was down.

However, if you look at the statistics of the number of players online per 2 hours at 5 minute intervals, it has been at zero since the server crashed.

On another note, I wonder if there are problems with restarting the server. I've only seen the server off twice, but each time it's only taken two or three hours to come back online.
[/quote]

That makes much more sense. As far as I know the server has been down all day and I haven't seen an update or reason posted yet, which leads me to believe it's nothing too serious (hopefully).

[quote name='Shriekes' timestamp='1339388385' post='58728']
That makes much more sense. As far as I know the server has been down all day and I haven't seen an update or reason posted yet, which leads me to believe it's nothing too serious (hopefully).
[/quote]

It's a sunday, it's late, likely many/most of them are in bed for work tomorrow or otherwise occupied.

Ah well, more time playing Minecraft for me :D

[quote name='muse' timestamp='1339389282' post='58730']
It's a sunday, it's late, likely many/most of them are in bed for work tomorrow or otherwise occupied.

Ah well, more time playing Minecraft for me :D
[/quote]

May be true, I just wonder which devs can restart/fix it. Ive seen Kyp, Kenu, Evermore, and at least one other LDEV i didnt recognize, log onto the boards since the crash.

[quote name='Rossdie' timestamp='1339384666' post='58705']
[i]No it's down, those are probably just people that tend to not log off, or ones running unattended macro's.[/i]
[/quote]

Actually I found that the account functions on Net-7 were still working, so I transferred some items to see if they went through. When I tried to TX to the char I was playing at crashtime, it gave me the "this char is still logged in" message.

So that list apparently is updated on logout, not on connection status.

i wonder how im gonna get my pw out of where he is lol. server crashed in the middle of a BM controller raid >.>

i shall run!!! (i just hope i can get my NOS installed in time) Edited by Ryle

Greetings All, This post might get me banned, or flamed, I care about this game an the community, Here goes, yesterday the server went offline at 5PM EST time, an remained offline for 13 to 14 Hours until 3AM the next Day, is it to much to ask to post something whats going on? I mean a little Hello or were working on an issue why, to let us know someone on the other end at the switch?

How about if you work or plan to take the server offline a heads up, remember this icon from Live can you place it back in? or just make a post in Dev Tracker Please after it goes down, something short an simple, I know this is a Stress Test an all, no one gets any funds for this endeavor, I do appreciate all your time an effort that goes into the game to make it happen

Please say something let us know your working on it while it's down, not after the fact, am sure others feel the same way, just not at liberty to post it.

if you plan to take it down while we are all online, Please Please post some thing in game, as we can stop an log out in a safe place.

Thank you

[quote name='Brack' timestamp='1339432433' post='58771']
Greetings All, This post might get me banned, or flamed, I care about this game an the community, Here goes, yesterday the server went offline at 5PM EST time, an remained offline for 13 to 14 Hours until 3AM the next Day, is it to much to ask to post something whats going on? I mean a little Hello or were working on an issue why, to let us know someone on the other end at the switch?

How about if you work or plan to take the server offline a heads up, remember this icon from Live can you place it back in? or just make a post in Dev Tracker Please after it goes down, something short an simple, I know this is a Stress Test an all, no one gets any funds for this endeavor, I do appreciate all your time an effort that goes into the game to make it happen

Please say something let us know your working on it while it's down, not after the fact, am sure others feel the same way, just not at liberty to post it.

if you plan to take it down while we are all online, Please Please post some thing in game, as we can stop an log out in a safe place.

Thank you
[/quote]

Fair comments, however you need to take into account that there are only 4 devs who have access to restart the server, TB, David, Kyp and myself. We are based in different parts of the world and are not on-line 24/7 so may not be aware the server is down. Once one of us is we do normally post to say what is happening, as I did today. Unfortunately the server crashed just after I went to bed so I did not pick up the message from BlackLung advising was down until I checked my mail just before going to work. I immediately logged on and posted what was happening. The server got restarted.

I will be looking at the code this evening and it may require a restart. If it does I will log onto the game and broadcast a message, as do all the devs when we have a 'Planned' restart. Unfortunately we do not have a stable environment as we are still stress testing and not all the bugs are ironed out.

We do the best we can with the resources available to us.

Rolo

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1339435446' post='58772']
Fair comments, however you need to take into account that there are only 4 devs who have access to restart the server, TB, David, Kyp and myself. We are based in different parts of the world and are not on-line 24/7 so may not be aware the server is down. Once one of us is we do normally post to say what is happening, as I did today. Unfortunately the server crashed just after I went to bed so I did not pick up the message from BlackLung advising was down until I checked my mail just before going to work. I immediately logged on and posted what was happening. The server got restarted.

I will be looking at the code this evening and it may require a restart. If it does I will log onto the game and broadcast a message, as do all the devs when we have a 'Planned' restart. Unfortunately we do not have a stable environment as we are still stress testing and not all the bugs are ironed out.

We do the best we can with the resources available to us.

Rolo
[/quote]

Thanks for doing what you can Rolo (and the other guys). Speaking for most of the people who were on at the time, the general consensus was "sunday night, ppl doing RL stuff, oh well".

I would like to express my appreciation for my not being dead when I logged in though - was at 25% shields, swarmed, and with my station set to the other side of the galaxy lol. Came back in without a scratch on the paint :)

[quote name='wootage' timestamp='1339648277' post='58920']
Server's hiccupping badly right now. I just had to CAD out because the job term was frozen, and I saw chat frozen too.

Edit: Net-7.org is down atm.
[/quote]

Just checked server and seems to be working fine. Net-7.org is up but seems to be very slow. Will see if one of the webDevs can have a look

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1339656067' post='58924']
Just checked server and seems to be working fine. Net-7.org is up but seems to be very slow. Will see if one of the webDevs can have a look
[/quote]

Running fine for me as of now.

Note:
When gameserver is down, the initial load of Net-7 will also slow down (but only initial load) since Net7 is trying to communicate with game server and runs into an timeout.
We already made the timeout short - i think its 5s currently.