Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1338068300' post='58303']
re-compiling server with patch I hope will fix problem. Should be up again in half an hour

Rolo
[/quote]

Thank you Rolo.

May not be the right place to post this but...game keeps locking up when using gates. While I am still in awe of the folks who were able to bring this old game back to life, having to alt-tab and kill the client in order to continue playing is a little frustrating. Hopefully tonight was an anomaly and I was surprised to not see any other posts on it. Edited by guiltyparty

hi, if this happens again a lot please contact me - I will tell you how to switch on the debug log system for Net7Proxy which often gives clues why this is happening. Then, you can send me the log and hopefully I will have a better idea what's going on.

cheers,

TB

[b]Tienbau[/b] - Will do, last night was the first time that I had any issues with the game hanging. I have been playing for about a week now...
FWIW, there were others commenting on the new player channel about the same or similar issues and the login server was mentioned. Whatever the case, I realize that the game is effectively in development stages so a few hiccups are to be expected. Hats off to the devs for what they have accomplished so far and I look forward to whatever is on the horizon.

yep we're still finding our way round this - there is very little previous experience of actual game development (some work in the games industry but not directly; eg tools, libraries etc) by anyone on the dev team, so we've been learning it all from scratch - it's been fun and still is, although sometimes it can be difficult getting motivated for more development after a short break ... luckily everyone in the game is so enthusiastic otherwise we'd probably have given up long ago.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1338341239' post='58371']... luckily everyone in the game is so enthusiastic otherwise we'd probably have given up long ago.[/quote]

Never give up! Never surrender!

• 2 weeks later...
Someone forget to feed the hamster again?

I apologize if this question is in the wrong forum, but are the servers really offline? I check the statistics and ~46 people are online (or atleast thats what it says in the stats).

[quote name='Shriekes' timestamp='1339382634' post='58692']
I apologize if this question is in the wrong forum, but are the servers really offline? I check the statistics and ~46 people are online (or atleast thats what it says in the stats).
[/quote]

If you're talking about the list of players online on Net-7.org, I don't think it's a consistently updated list, and it may have just been listing the people online (and with no privacy settings) at the moment the server died. It lists me as online at Aragoth Station, and I had logged off to try to reboot the game only to find that the server was down.

However, if you look at the statistics of the number of players online per 2 hours at 5 minute intervals, it has been at zero since the server crashed.

On another note, I wonder if there are problems with restarting the server. I've only seen the server off twice, but each time it's only taken two or three hours to come back online.

[quote name='amelea' timestamp='1339387956' post='58726']
If you're talking about the list of players online on Net-7.org, I don't think it's a consistently updated list, and it may have just been listing the people online (and with no privacy settings) at the moment the server died. It lists me as online at Aragoth Station, and I had logged off to try to reboot the game only to find that the server was down.

However, if you look at the statistics of the number of players online per 2 hours at 5 minute intervals, it has been at zero since the server crashed.

On another note, I wonder if there are problems with restarting the server. I've only seen the server off twice, but each time it's only taken two or three hours to come back online.
[/quote]

Somethings gotta be up cause ive seen Kyp, Evermore, and like 2 other LDEVS show up in the user list since it went down.

Also, yeah its still showing me as online in BBW, our guild was doing the controller when the server went down, i havent been online in hours. Its down.