Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1327464064' post='52242']
same bug that crashed us a couple days ago, has been fixed but needed a server restart for the fix to go through. I guess this is as good a time as any ...

Don't forget to pick up your new Net7Proxy, you'll need it. Many bugs fixed, including the avatar design one, where you could really get things into a pickle! I will have to re-do the tattoo patch, because that was what was causing the blackholed character mayhem.
[/quote]

Were do you get the new Net7proxy?

Yeah, i try to update to 351 and it comes up with a window that doesn't do anything, i hit close and it lets me click play, i hit play and says wrong net7proxy.

I can't seem to play with wrong net7 proxy and resetting updates do nothing, do i have to reinstall the game? Edited by Darkdronen

Thank you Tienbau.. I had to copy it to my f: drive were it was installed, than down load 2 other files (libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll) than it worked good.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1327571245' post='52353']
Ban the chinese IPs already, C Del.... :lol:
[/quote]
I'd like to actually; I'm getting tired of their spammers. What's funny is that particular piece of spam was actually Russian, so we have them to worry about too... :rolleyes:

I dont know what server u running and what firewall, but if you want i can help you and supply you with ip-frames to block.
Russia and Turkey on it as well - since they are also in the top ten of SPAM originatings in 2011....

Tnx for editing the quoted spam out of my previous reply, was going to do it anyway after a reply.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1327572128' post='52356']
I dont know what server u running and what firewall, but if you want i can help you and supply you with ip-frames to block.
Russia and Turkey on it as well - since they are also in the top ten of SPAM originatings in 2011....

Tnx for editing the quoted spam out of my previous reply, was going to do it anyway after a reply.
[/quote]
I would love to have those IP ranges. Honestly, having to research them is probably the only reason I haven't pushed to block those countries already, lol.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1327632778' post='52439']
I would love to have those IP ranges. Honestly, having to research them is probably the only reason I haven't pushed to block those countries already, lol.
[/quote]

i tried to do that on a forum i used to run
there are over 500 ranges. and thats not even including the ones we dont know about yet
i gave up on the project after a while. there are whole lists of blacklist IP ranges, but it never quite gets them all.

Morning!

C Del, this is the generator i am using, its pretty up to date all time and supporting all format (CIDR, Netmask etc):
You choose the countries and the format and the list is yours :)

[url="http://www.countryipblocks.net/country-blocks/select-formats/"]http://www.countryip...select-formats/[/url]

Here is China and Russia:

[b]WARNING!!! BE ADVISED:[/b]
Based on the OS and the firewall/mechanism you are running, long lists can cause a huge performance hit because every request has to be parsed through the list.
This is memory intensive (the bigger the list is) and CPU intensive.

I run linux server and got a firewall that is making one check on the initial connect, then using persistant connections so server must only check the connection one time and not
every time a packet is requeted from the server (resulting in huge CPU and RAM save):

[attachment=1297:cdel_country_blocks_china_russia_jan_2012.txt.zip]

[attachment=1298:cdel_country_blocks_china_russia_jan_2012.txt.zip]

• 2 weeks later...
So, I take it that the server for the game, and the server which hosts the forum and website are in the same place?

While the server was offline I was also completely unable to access the forums, or site.

Disregard post, issue is being looked into. Thanks to the DEVs for addressing it. Edited by Riz