Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='Blacklung' timestamp='1320439833' post='48027']
have to wait for rl work to finish and people to get home to look at it,might be a couple more hours
[/quote]

Really? Time to find someone with more freedom at work lol. Or more people running the server so we have more coverage.

well i have asked many time for the server so i could learn how to run it but for some reeason they will not givee it to me im a stay at home mom i have 7 accounts in game and i have been here since being nothing is new about all this i wish we did have other that could get the server bac up but like i said earlier it went poof, or there taking hallween out , or there fixing something like ss3 lol but in anycase good luck guy we all love you :) :rolleyes: :wub:

[quote name='Creol' timestamp='1320446915' post='48053']
Won't let me in! shananigans!
[/quote]

yeah sorry, its explicitly designed to be dev only. :wub:

Besides there's a lot of stuff in testing there, not nearly as stable as we try to keep Sunrise. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1320447139' post='48056']
yeah sorry, its explicitly designed to be dev only. :)

Besides there's a lot of stuff in testing there, not nearly as stable as we try to keep Sunrise. :wub:
[/quote]

MMMMM, so knockin louder won't help. :rolleyes: any way, you guys and girls (if any, not sure) keep up the great work! BIG thanks to all involved!

Only that the code that crashed is super-cryptic and in these wise words:

[quote name='Aragorn']
[url="http://www.theargonath.cc/characters/aragorn/sounds/morgul.wav"]Play[/url]
[/quote]

[size="1"]Note that this applies most accurately where... well Tienbau or David is in Rivendell, and I take the place of Aragorn.[/size]

When someone shows up who can make sense of what's going on, bout the best I can tell you. I'm watchin' for 'em but I can't quote exact times. I don't have tracking bracelets on them, much to your chagrin. ;P

[quote name='Sydokun' timestamp='1320448906' post='48068']
Rat died of old age and the pet store is closed.
[/quote]

nah, the Rat has been rebuilt, we made him stronger. Took a few hints from an old tv show.

Just to put it in perspective:

[code]

u32 mrand ( void )
{
u32 y, a;
int i;

/* Refill x if exhausted */
if ( mtwist_next == N )
{
mtwist_next = 0;

for ( i = 0; i < N - 1; i++ )
{
y = ( mtwist_x[i] & U ) | mtwist_x[i + 1] & L;
a = ( y & 0x1UL ) ? A : 0x0UL;
mtwist_x[i] = mtwist_x[( i + M ) % N] ^ ( y >> 1 ) ^ a;
}

y = ( mtwist_x[N - 1] & U ) | mtwist_x[0] & L;
a = ( y & 0x1UL ) ? A : 0x0UL;
mtwist_x[N - 1] = mtwist_x[M - 1] ^ ( y >> 1 ) ^ a;
}

y = mtwist_x[mtwist_next++];

/* Improve distribution */
y ^= (y >> 11);
y ^= (y << 7) & 0x9d2c5680UL;
y ^= (y << 15) & 0xefc60000UL;
y ^= (y >> 18);

return y;
}
[/code]

I haven't the foggiest what this was designed to do, as I've never worked in the file where it crashed. However, the next thing under this on the stack is something about getting Hate/Threat from a mob, so its probably best if we wait it out, I suspect otherwise it'll happen again and you'll be down even longer especially given the popularity and prevalence of combat.

Just so you know [b]why[/b] you're waiting.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1320449015' post='48069']
nah, the Rat has been rebuilt, we made him stronger. Took a few hints from an old tv show.
[/quote]

So its the 6million peso rat?... great so its gonna take a nap then run away!

Not so much the 6 million peso, but credits, since those are much easier for us to come by :rolleyes:

[quote name='Blackhearts']
[color=#444444][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,]What if we just go mining and don't attack anything? [/font][/color]
[color=#444444][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,][/quote][/font][/color]
[color=#444444][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,]
[/font][/color]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"]*chuckle* no, it needs a fix, if this were in Microsoft's junk I would just restart it, but this is something in our code. Just happens to be something that makes just about as much sense to me as it does to you.[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"]
[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"]
[/color][/size][/font]

Now that you mention something about a hate/threat I saw something very odd in Europa this morning while starting my JD.

There was a green mob mixed in with the reds and (for lack of a G rated wording) it kinda looked like it was being a little "over" friendly with a red mob. It was at the end of the hunt marker.

Don't know if that has anything to with the crash, but if it caused a stack overflow from constant argo/friend relationship that would cause a crash. I know just enough about programming to be dangerous to a pc, but not enough to help. Edited by shadowxsx