Reply from 87.106.131.253: bytes=32 time=138ms TTL=116
Reply from 87.106.131.253: bytes=32 time=140ms TTL=116

Ping statistics for 87.106.131.253:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 138ms, Maximum = 140ms, Average = 138ms

So looks good to that point

All,

If there is a major issue jump on Teamspeak and talk to someone there. They can take care of the server. Also just a thought, but try reinstalling the game and reupdating. I know there was an error for me on the Net7 patcher yesterday which i chose to ignore. And it worked fine, however in light of the error i believe that the patch didn't apply completely and is now causing the trouble of connecting.

Just a suggestion.

Also I'm not a forum mod but this is a sticky post meant for updates on the server status, lets keep it relivent to the issue at hand.

Bitstorm

[quote name='Bitstorm' timestamp='1312840197' post='44372']
All,

If there is a major issue jump on Teamspeak and talk to someone there. They can take care of the server. Also just a thought, but try reinstalling the game and reupdating. I know there was an error for me on the Net7 patcher yesterday which i chose to ignore. And it worked fine, however in light of the error i believe that the patch didn't apply completely and is now causing the trouble of connecting.

Just a suggestion.

Also I'm not a forum mod but this is a sticky post meant for updates on the server status, lets keep it relivent to the issue at hand.

Bitstorm
[/quote]

I would wait to reinstall. After a server down time it is more likely that something on that end is foobar.

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1312840476' post='44375']
I would wait to reinstall. After a server down time it is more likely that something on that end is foobar.
[/quote]

Ya, this one is definatly server related, connection is good, but sector loads are faulty. It is probably not passing on the correct pieces of code to transfer sector information to local machines either that or some of the new coding it is passing on is no good and cause the client to reject it.

Tien will probably debug it in no time.

Stuck on map loading screen.
Windows taskbar icon has a green arrow 'Waiting for server'.
[indent]
Pinging sunrise.net-7.org [87.106.131.253] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 87.106.131.253: bytes=32 time=65ms TTL=119
Reply from 87.106.131.253: bytes=32 time=67ms TTL=119
Reply from 87.106.131.253: bytes=32 time=69ms TTL=119
Reply from 87.106.131.253: bytes=32 time=71ms TTL=119

Ping statistics for 87.106.131.253:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 65ms, Maximum = 71ms, Average = 68ms[/indent]

After the restart a few minutes ago, stuck on map after character selection again.

The character that I've still got logged in inside a station is seeing only logouts and no logins.

Edit: There are actually a few logins (guessing the characters were inside a station?).
Edit: No logins for quite some time now, just logouts. I can't login chars on stations. Edited by Lot

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1312843622' post='44388']
After the restart a few minutes ago, stuck on map after character selection again.

The character that I've still got logged in inside a station is seeing only logouts and no logins.
[/quote]

yup locked up and heard of one black holed char. but it might just be the lock up of the server.

either something is wrong with the server provider's connection or we're being DDoS'd. Server seems fine for about 5 mins after restart, then the server log message go haywire and no-one can log in.

I would suspect DDoS because of how the messages are suddenly going crazy with the same few IP addr's spamming the log in system.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1312844192' post='44397']
either something is wrong with the server provider's connection or we're being DDoS'd. Server seems fine for about 5 mins after restart, then the server log message go haywire and no-one can log in.

I would suspect DDoS because of how the messages are suddenly going crazy with the same few IP addr's spamming the log in system.
[/quote]
DDoS. hmmm. Dirty Bastards..

What are the IP's addresses ? /wink

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1312844192' post='44397']

[/quote]

Tien Turn off ICMP and contact 1and1 let them know your being ddosd..

They will turn off ICMP to your cluster in their firewall router.

Bitstorm.

Many problems to enter the game.

What is going on? Anyone can tell us?

I can log and choose my PW, but cannot enter the game.

The server it seems online, but i can't enter the game <_<<_<<_< Edited by MontaPT

[quote name='Cerberus738' timestamp='1312844715' post='44401']
so... someone out there really doesn't want us playing this game? thats seriously lame. maybe its that same guy that was spamming the tech support forums earlier??
[/quote]

I thought the same thing, it would be very silly as IPs are known and very easy to compare.
For instance, in the UK (where I am writing from today), anti-DDoS laws have been in place since 2006 and could result in you being sent to jail for up to ten years. Similar laws have also been present in Sweden since 2007.

It's the same story in the USA, where they take a tough line on those who engage in denial-of-service attacks against websites. For instance, last year saw the jailing of a man who launched a [url="http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2009/11/20/scientology-website-attacker-jail/"][color="#2571c2"]DDoS attack against the Scientology website[/color][/url].
And the servers are in Germany and from what I have read they DO follow up on them.