Server Status (outdated)

Ok, I need EnB. I have cleaned the pool, fixed the garbage disposal, and showered. If this keeps up, someone is going to discover how much time I spend on here.

[quote name='falcon74' timestamp='1309036033' post='42573']
they need to let us what is going on with the server or when they think it will be back up
[/quote]

the server seems to be paused, most likely from one of tienbau's stop gaps so he can catch and fix problems. will just have to wait.
i have messages out to the coders so just enjoy rl until it is back up.

[quote name='Eden' timestamp='1309026619' post='42554']
I'm not too troubled about the servers going tits-up every 24-48 hours, it's unfortunately to be expected for a complex work in progress such as this. What really pisses me off is the fact that after it comes back up we have to wait another day for boss mobs like Blackbeard to re-spawn. It's ridiculous with the server going down almost every day.

From what I've heard (and this is just unsupported rumor so please forgive me if I am in error) when the server is restarted these bosses actually re-spawn automatically and are killed by the Devs before the login server is brought back up and we're allowed in. Perhaps someone can explain the reason for this or at least set the record straight.

I've been trying to get on a BBG raid for the past week without success, to my knowledge I've missed him spawn once this past week because it was 3am and I simply couldn't keep myself awake any longer.

Bottom line is it's a stress test, having 2-3 groups taking down bosses stresses the server, to the point where we usually enjoy multiple disconnects, lockups and even manage occasionally to crash the server. I thought this was what we were supposed to be doing to provide the data so these issues can be addressed and resolved. Simply adopting a policy that makes the high level content unavailable most of the time isn't going to fix anything and if I am indicative of the rest of the players, serves only to antagonize the players who have invested their time building high level characters.
[/quote]

I can confirm that the devs don't kill the bossmobs before you can login. Don't know where you got the rumour, but it's just plain wrong.
Bosses are on a timer I believe which cause them to pop a cretain number of random minutes after a restart. Sometime the server is not restarted, as we are running it in debug mode and we can just fix bug and continue. In this case everything will just continue where it left off.

With regards to today's downtime, it is in a piece of code that I'm not familliar with so will need to wait for TB to get on and investigate. PLease accept our appologies for the downtime, but we want to ensure these bugs are fixed when they happen and we only have a small team of developers working on them, some of whom are quite new to the project.

Rolo

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1309036529' post='42576']
I can confirm that the devs don't kill the bossmobs before you can login. Don't know where you got the rumour, but it's just plain wrong.
Bosses are on a timer I believe which cause them to pop a cretain number of random minutes after a restart. Sometime the server is not restarted, as we are running it in debug mode and we can just fix bug and continue. In this case everything will just continue where it left off.

With regards to today's downtime, it is in a piece of code that I'm not familliar with so will need to wait for TB to get on and investigate. PLease accept our appologies for the downtime, but we want to ensure these bugs are fixed when they happen and we only have a small team of developers working on them, some of whom are quite new to the project.

Rolo
[/quote]

Hey that's all we (well *I* at least) wanted to know... so we can then decide whether its fix a sandwich time, or go for a long LONG walk on the beach. Thanks for the update on the server issue. :unsure:

[quote name='Steele208' timestamp='1309036745' post='42577']
server says offline for me 2:18 pm PST 6-25-11

anyone else having the same issue?
[/quote]
this entire post is about server status,

[quote name='Battalier' timestamp='1309041166' post='42583']
It appears the gods REALLY do want me to mow the lawns - damn,hope they don't want me to wash the eaves as well
[/quote]
I think they do. Could be a while longer.

Rolo

[quote name='Erzengal' timestamp='1309041475' post='42585']
On the bright side, many people have taken care of actual productive things they would have otherwise slacked off on today! :unsure:
[/quote]
Does watching youtube count as something productive?

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1309036529' post='42576']

Rolo
[/quote]

Thank-you for correcting my misconception and providing all of us with an explanation of the longer than usual hiatus. Downtime is irksome but made far more palatable when it comes with an explanation.

Still, it would be nice if spawn timers could be adjusted in some way to give us a reasonable expectation of being able to kill bosses more frequently than once a week. It's quite obvious that the code isn't going to be perfected overnight and given that the server needs to be bounced on an almost daily basis having Blackbeard [i]et al[/i] on a 24-36 hour timer seems counter productive for both developer and player alike. Is it possible to reduce spawn delay until the server is a little more robust?

[quote name='Darkwolfe' timestamp='1309045540' post='42590']
Is it any good?
[/quote]

Hmmm... I'm not sure I like it. But I'm not gonna ditch it..

The GUI is very confusing in the beginning... Graphics are OK (although bear in mind it is a Java game). The idea of bringing the Battlestar Galactica universe into a MMORPG is awesome. Soundscape? Well, it is not like what we are used to from Enb that is for sure. I did expect that. No one IMHO can match Westwood in that aspect B).

And they say it is a free game, but it is not... You can pay RL money to get ahead of the competition. Just like Puzzle Pirates and games like that. I have not yet figured out what it is that you have to pay for. But I'm afraid it is fuel for your boat :unsure:. I did not spend much time in that menu because I was busy trying just to figure out how to fly my Raptor.

Oh! In the beginning of the game you can choose if you want to fly a Raptor or a Viper.

Raptors can do scouting, EW and mining etc .. Vipers are pure fighting machines as far as I can see.

Later on in game. I do not know when. You can buy additional ships/boats.. I'm not sure if it is for RL money or some kind of credits you have to pay RL money for. E.g. your first ship is a Raptor then you can buy a Viper and vice versa... There are also other ships you can buy.

But go an try it our for yourself. It is a 'free' game :huh:

Overall I like the feel of Raptor.. She is a nice boat. You can equip her - AFIK - with all kinds of survey, EW, comms bays and God knows what. And in the noob-setting she can hold her own in firepower. That is why I'm not ready to ditch the game yet. I've always wanted to fly a Raptor! :D

Also the game seemed sluggish. But it maybe because I played the game on my ASUS EB1501 with an ATOM processor. Will try it out on my laptop which is more powerful, before I make the decision to ditch the game.

Hope this answers your question. But do try it out for yourself. I have only spend an hour in the game. Edited by Amaroq

It is going to be a fix for Mobs. It was a mob that caused your pain. Somehow, he took damage, but ceased to be there before taking damage, or at least so it seems.

Someone I know would have a cow:

[img]http://ih1.redbubble.net/work.6278978.1.sticker,375x360.doc-brown-great-scott-v1.png[/img]

Its something relating to some changes Tienbau made, and he really needs to see them. I could restart it, yes, but it would be a setback for solving a persistent problem. It looks like he's gonna be having a look at it now so hopefully real soon we'll be back up and running.

*edit*

Also, sorry for the extensive downtime folks, I was setting up a swimming pool. Its been a [b]lot[/b] of [b]fun[/b].

*edit2*

Should be starting now. Edited by Kyp

[quote name='Amaroq' timestamp='1309049367' post='42598']
Hmmm... I'm not sure I like it. But I'm not gonna ditch it..

The GUI is very confusing in the beginning... Graphics are OK (although bear in mind it is a Java game). The idea of bringing the Battlestar Galactica universe into a MMORPG is awesome. Soundscape? Well, it is not like what we are used to from Enb that is for sure. I did expect that. No one IMHO can match Westwood in that aspect B).

And they say it is a free game, but it is not... You can pay RL money to get ahead of the competition. Just like Puzzle Pirates and games like that. I have not yet figured out what it is that you have to pay for. But I'm afraid it is fuel for your boat :unsure:. I did not spend much time in that menu because I was busy trying just to figure out how to fly my Raptor.

Oh! In the beginning of the game you can choose if you want to fly a Raptor or a Viper.

Raptors can do scouting, EW and mining etc .. Vipers are pure fighting machines as far as I can see.

Later on in game. I do not know when. You can buy additional ships/boats.. I'm not sure if it is for RL money or some kind of credits you have to pay RL money for. E.g. your first ship is a Raptor then you can buy a Viper and vice versa... There are also other ships you can buy.

But go an try it our for yourself. It is a 'free' game :huh:

Overall I like the feel of Raptor.. She is a nice boat. You can equip her - AFIK - with all kinds of survey, EW, comms bays and God knows what. And in the noob-setting she can hold her own in firepower. That is why I'm not ready to ditch the game yet. I've always wanted to fly a Raptor! :D

Also the game seemed sluggish. But it maybe because I played the game on my ASUS EB1501 with an ATOM processor. Will try it out on my laptop which is more powerful, before I make the decision to ditch the game.

Hope this answers your question. But do try it out for yourself. I have only spend an hour in the game.
[/quote]
I may try it out later, but as of right now i'm more interested in EnB :D

i see it says starting..im excited..enough chores today time for some fun...[img]https://forum.enb-emulator.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]

[quote name='Darkwolfe' timestamp='1309050502' post='42601']
I may try it out later, but as of right now i'm more interested in EnB :huh:
[/quote]

Same here... And server update says STARTING!!! :unsure: