Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='DRock9' timestamp='1308951919' post='42487']
I am new to this server and emulator scene, are these down times typical and how long do they usually last?

Thanks!
[/quote]

They happen, but not on a very regular basis (unless we've made mass changes and are still working out the kinks). At least not if we can help it, and usually one of us that can debug/restart are around so provided we've checked the forum or been made aware we get it back up pretty quick.

Ok folks.......are we offline or no??....launcher shows offline yet there isn't anyone posting under "Server Status".....makes me wonder if its me or no one is posting useless comments (like those I normally post).....Someone PLEASE put my lil mind at ease.....Thank you and kindest regards

Hyp......:)

I'm not too troubled about the servers going tits-up every 24-48 hours, it's unfortunately to be expected for a complex work in progress such as this. What really pisses me off is the fact that after it comes back up we have to wait another day for boss mobs like Blackbeard to re-spawn. It's ridiculous with the server going down almost every day.

From what I've heard (and this is just unsupported rumor so please forgive me if I am in error) when the server is restarted these bosses actually re-spawn automatically and are killed by the Devs before the login server is brought back up and we're allowed in. Perhaps someone can explain the reason for this or at least set the record straight.

I've been trying to get on a BBG raid for the past week without success, to my knowledge I've missed him spawn once this past week because it was 3am and I simply couldn't keep myself awake any longer.

Bottom line is it's a stress test, having 2-3 groups taking down bosses stresses the server, to the point where we usually enjoy multiple disconnects, lockups and even manage occasionally to crash the server. I thought this was what we were supposed to be doing to provide the data so these issues can be addressed and resolved. Simply adopting a policy that makes the high level content unavailable most of the time isn't going to fix anything and if I am indicative of the rest of the players, serves only to antagonize the players who have invested their time building high level characters.

yeah , oh well i should be mad at myself for not having anything better to do. seriously though, id kind of like to know whats going on that the server can't be brought back up right now? just curious, i know its on the other side of the world from me and the middle of the night so yeah i cant turn computers back on in my sleep either.

so what time they wake up over there anyway? :)

It's the weekend, its summer time, the developers are semi nude with beers in hand. Party!!

(I'm guessing extended hangover downtime imminent) Edited by Spex