Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='Bacchus' timestamp='1305920456' post='40957']
Finally ^^

Already made it to the 4th episode in another [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112173/"]Space: Above and Beyond[/url] marathon :P

Guess I can call that off now.
[/quote]

"The Angriest Angel" ftw!

[quote name='Cerberus738' timestamp='1305940100' post='40972']
"connection to global server failed"
[/quote]

Connected right in, suggest perhaps a reboot. :P

the login server had terminated and wasn't able to restart - when the server was restarted the login server was replaced with a debug build. I gotta get round to changing the setup of the solution.

[quote] Already made it to the 4th episode in another Space: Above and Beyond marathon [/quote]

heck yea i'd forgotten about that series. looks like i need to go find a torrent.
wild cards and chiggi von richtoven ftw. :P Edited by CheezeBaal

[quote name='CheezeBaal' timestamp='1305960834' post='40982']
heck yea i'd forgotten about that series. looks like i need to go find a torrent.
wild cards and chiggi von richtoven ftw. :P
[/quote]

Indeed one of the better sci-fi series of the 90s IMO.
It's dark and gritty.
Made by the producers of the X-files.
I also liked the fact that the main antagonists remained mysterious untill the very end.
The CGI is a bit cheesy compared to todays standards but it was a well written show with only a few weak episodes.
Too bad it got cancelled after only one season.. but thats what TV networks do best : kill great sci-fi shows.
Happened recently to Caprica, V 2009, Stargate Universe.. sigh.

I still have high hopes for a remake of S:AAB like they did with Battlestar Galactica.

[quote name='Ramses' timestamp='1305996902' post='40992']
Takes 4ever to get to the login screen and then it is stuck at Connecting to server.
[/quote]

having same problem Ramses, went to change toons and got stuck at Connecting to Server

To some extent, yes actually, but the last time the server was built the login server was in debug mode, therefore when it dies right now, it's pausing for us to debug the problem rather than closing and restarting.

Figures, I have only a hour to play today, and 15 minutes after I log in, the server crashes. Just my luck.

[quote name='Rezwalker' timestamp='1306040518' post='41028']
seems some of our DEVs just don't get it, yet another server crash do to reloading missions lol, gn all
[/quote]

Sorry, guys I was tiring to fix something and unfortunately the server crashed, and unfortunately this is still a stress test and these things happen, all the Dev's and Gm's along with Beta's are tiring to make it a better game for all players. So try to have a little patience with us. ;) I did send a pm to Tienbau so im sure it will be restarted soon.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Gleek' timestamp='1306041236' post='41032']
Sorry, guys I was tiring to fix something and unfortunately the server crashed, and unfortunately this is still a stress test and these things happen, all the Dev's and Gm's along with Beta's are tiring to make it a better game for all players. So try to have a little patience with us. ;)
[/quote]

S... happens forced me to go eat lunch no biggie, appreciate the fixes, I remember live every Tuesday server was down for maintenance for couple hours. So a short break here every now and again, meh causes us to unplug from the matrix so be it. All for the better of the server, game, and play... No worries, just ring TBs bat phone LOL see ya in a bit!
  • Upvote 1

Sorry, guys I was tiring to fix something and unfortunately the server crashed, and unfortunately this is still a stress test and these things happen, all the Dev's and Gm's along with Beta's are tiring to make it a better game for all players. So try to have a little patience with us. ;) I did send a pm to Tienbau so im sure it will be restarted soon.
[/quote]

i know you guys take constant criticism, just keep in mind they are only so zealous because we all really do love this game. and though it isn't stated just read every outraged comment as an "I love you guys for trying so hard to bring back our shared addiction... i just want it faster :-p"

thanks for the constant updates and attention you wonderfull unpaid volunteers you!
  • Upvote 1

[/quote]

Was just playing with you Gleek, you must do what needs to be done and besides, the timing was perfect, some of us need more sleep than just a face-plant on the keyboard :P