[quote name='RojoMuerte' timestamp='1305719894' post='40851']
Soon as you logged in Poof... O.o hrmmm

Soon(TM)
[/quote]

I'm innocent I swear ^^

[quote name='Bacchus' timestamp='1305720157' post='40853']
I'm innocent I swear ^^
[/quote]

it looks mor like it is in pause mode, wich would show offline in the launcher, no it wasnt me i assure you.

at least i am illustrious kyp:) yes i do appologise for the event, accidents happen, that 1 wont happen by me again i assure you

could be a stop gap, tienbau has them in place to catch problems as they happen,then pause the server until he can view it in real time to correct it.

it boomed again, same problem, but different part of code. There's a sector with no navs in it, someone was visiting this sector and the code that finds the closest nav broke the first time round, then after the restart the same person went into the sector again and the code that tries to find somewhere sensible for the player to arrive at broke because the first code returned a blank for the best nav, and the server was trying to find the position of something that didn't exist ... Boomsville, AL (pop 45, all pod-hatched body snatchers).

The problem was caused by the object handling overhaul I did recently - the code was starting to get a bit raggy with all the patches on patches (kinda like the road does after all the services have dug it up, put their cable/pipe etc in, then 'fixed' it up again). Sometimes you just need to rip it all up and start again from fresh to make it look all nice again.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1305784385' post='40882']
it boomed again, same problem, but different part of code. There's a sector with no navs in it, someone was visiting this sector and the code that finds the closest nav broke the first time round, then after the restart the same person went into the sector again and the code that tries to find somewhere sensible for the player to arrive at broke because the first code returned a blank for the best nav, and the server was trying to find the position of something that didn't exist ... Boomsville, AL (pop 45, all pod-hatched body snatchers).

The problem was caused by the object handling overhaul I did recently - the code was starting to get a bit raggy with all the patches on patches (kinda like the road does after all the services have dug it up, put their cable/pipe etc in, then 'fixed' it up again). Sometimes you just need to rip it all up and start again from fresh to make it look all nice again.
[/quote]

are you saying "sometimes you just need to do a server wipe to make it all nice again?" *shudders*

Ichi

[quote] are you saying "sometimes you just need to do a server wipe to make it all nice again?" *shudders* [/quote]

shrug, while i enjoy the toons i've lvl'd and the bits of shiny i've collected i'd be ok with a wipe. for me and this game it's the journey.

[quote name='ichistarr' timestamp='1305898474' post='40930']
are you saying "sometimes you just need to do a server wipe to make it all nice again?" *shudders*

Ichi
[/quote]

No...What he was saying is, he needs to overhaul the server code....it's kinda patch-work, atm. Edited by JenqDude

[quote name='CheezeBaal' timestamp='1305904536' post='40936']
estimate on the downtime? got work in a few hours.
[/quote]

Will prob be down until someone gets home from work. Wouldn't hold my breath too long.

hey i got an idea WIPE it tb yes do that and we can start as newbi yes it would be fun but anyways hey what ever happened the the solo game did yous just wipe it out maybe you should try to get it going again just for fun when we have down time like this we could play that in stead hey just an idea anyway keep up the good work guy its aways worth the wait hehe:)

[quote name='sockual' timestamp='1305909626' post='40941']
hey i got an idea WIPE it tb yes do that and we can start as newbi yes it would be fun but anyways hey what ever happened the the solo game did yous just wipe it out maybe you should try to get it going again just for fun when we have down time like this we could play that in stead hey just an idea anyway keep up the good work guy its aways worth the wait hehe:)
[/quote]

Speak for yourself. Database, I thought, is separate from server. My hands are far worse than the last wipe, and I do not know if I will be able to play the game. There are others in this game with MS. A wipe is probably inevitable at some point, but I would like to play as long as I can. Fun is not the same for everyone. Fun for you would not be fun for me. ;) Edited by mounas

[quote name='Cerberus738' timestamp='1305914623' post='40948']
i'm sad. now i actually have to do all the work my wife asked me to. lol
[/quote]
Unacceptable! Restarting...

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1305919930' post='40954']
Unacceptable! Restarting...
[/quote]

Finally ^^

Already made it to the 4th episode in another [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112173/"]Space: Above and Beyond[/url] marathon :P

Guess I can call that off now.