Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='questorzarnac' timestamp='1302654802' post='38951']
[img]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd341/BushMonkey2008/server-room-with-salt.jpg[/img]
who tripped over a wire?
[/quote]

Looks like some of the Comms closets on my various trips to the sandbox!

[quote name='Redd' timestamp='1302655582' post='38954']
Looks like some of the Comms closets on my various trips to the sandbox!
[/quote]

No Redd, that's too organized to be an Army NOC.

PS, still down =(

Yup server is definitely down and this bites lol... i got 6 hours to get my fix before i have to back at it again and *KABLUEY* ... things blow up when im logged .....

Hit me with a response om how long this should be?

Thanks mates..

yep server go BOOM!

Where we were checking for damage to local mobs from pop rock blasts the server was getting carried away and checked all the inactive mobs too, one of which was close enough to get 'hit' but because it had no data the server GPF'd during an aggro check.

Bug fixed, server restarting.

you just like anything elese there needs to be checks and balance's dev's or who ever should not be able to push updates on server unless one of the 2 or 3 are available for restart of server. I just finally got back in and boom server crash, I could be wrong but I can almost bet it was because a dev pushed a update like the other night when one pushed the new Visual Studio update, really sucks that some of the Dev's just push stuff with out telling any one there gonna do it and its gonna start running people off that donate because they are getting tired of it. You know if this was ever to get ot be a pay to play game that kind of stuff would cost some one there Job they all should have some one to report to and one person in charge not all split up like it is now ........... sorry most of the Dev's have done a great Job and I thank them but I think it is time for them to start working towards the same goal not each have ther own little pet pev

my point is that no update should be pushed unless one of the 2 or 3 that can restart server is available or they need to have more that can restart server 50% of server crashes are due to pushed updates it seems I could be wrong but it is a fact that some of the server crashes are from pushed updates, the server was running ok to a degree but who knows any more since the server change

ah still some are pushing...???
didn't see kenu or ranko lately who is it now?

They seem not to care about what Cdel said. there is a place for testing.....

TIENBAU,what about a little punishment to these guys?

j/k

but sucks really......

The server went boom again due to another little buggette which is now fixed. I was not checking the server due to being busy elsewhere, my bad.

I am ready for my punishment! Do I at least get to choose who administers it? And will the punishment budget stretch??

The only people who can in theory "push an update" are Tienbau, David, myself, and CDel. We do not push content or database changes except when we notify you on the launcher once per month. In regards to code changes if those didn't happen regularly we could avoid these "regular" updates, but you'd have to deal with connection problems all month long until the next patch, and then there'd be no testing time.

If this were a "live game" then the complaint would make sense, but as you all know its a testing phase, its a little much for anyone (including donators) to expect 100% uptime at this point and will be for some time to come, realistically.

All that being said, Tienbau, who told you that you could do other stuff? Huh? What's [b]wrong[/b] with you? They need a fix, they can't wait for your real life to intervene. ;)

The punishment budget will stretch, just so long as the punishment is innovative and fresh or perhaps conducted by these guys:

[img]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/12/128998190499456510.jpg[/img]