Server Status (outdated)

Its up and functional, we're just having some interesting little DNS issues. In any case use this address for the moment to connect:

s357482233.onlinehome.info

[quote name='Klyde' timestamp='1301352461' post='37549']
Server hiccup just now? Got ctd, upon login looks like 12 people online. Then got a server handoff error popup.
[/quote]

Same problem here. Tried to log in my JT, and I managed enough time to engage cloak before crashing to desktop. Repeated attempts to log her in resulted immediate CTD. Tried my PT who was parked at Arx Spartoi, couldn't log her in either. Instant crash to desktop from map screen.

I don't know how to do port forwarding for SSL with my router, but even with all those UDP and TCP ports forwarded properly to this machine's static IP, I'm still having issues.

[quote name='Alyseria' timestamp='1301369680' post='37586']
I don't know how to do port forwarding for SSL with my router, but even with all those UDP and TCP ports forwarded properly to this machine's static IP, I'm still having issues.
[/quote]
Port forwarding won't really help, because you don't need any connections coming into your computer to run the game. What exactly is the issue you're having?

I understand some ppl are able to log in but there is atleast 50 or so ppl who can not log in and are CTDing with or without the lock port checked.Saying the server is "fine" is far from the truth soemthing was changed lastnight and its not been right since.I played on new server yesterday for 4 hrs and had no issue and then about 7pm CST its started CTDing constantly and hasnt been fixed since.So im sure the server is smooth and no lag for those who are on the server but for the 50 or so ppl still trying to log in its frustrating .

[quote name='Bluebull' timestamp='1301407306' post='37649']
I understand some ppl are able to log in but there is atleast 50 or so ppl who can not log in and are CTDing with or without the lock port checked.Saying the server is "fine" is far from the truth soemthing was changed lastnight and its not been right since.I played on new server yesterday for 4 hrs and had no issue and then about 7pm CST its started CTDing constantly and hasnt been fixed since.So im sure the server is smooth and no lag for those who are on the server but for the 50 or so ppl still trying to log in its frustrating .
[/quote]
The server is far from fine, but there isn't much we can do at the moment. We'll get it fixed as soon as we can.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1301373982' post='37596']
Port forwarding won't really help, because you don't need any connections coming into your computer to run the game. What exactly is the issue you're having?
[/quote]

"Endless Crash to Desktop," just like everyone else who's been stuck on the forums asking for help.

You guys made me start a free WoW trial last night :(

(Game sucks but at least I could play it)

I only talked about port forwarding because Tien suggested it was part of the issue and gave us ports earlier in the thread, I was responding to him and saying I forwarded what I could to no avail, hoping to help you guys figure out the issue.

[quote name='Slayerman' timestamp='1301409656' post='37656']
Oh the joys of a STRESS TEST on a free to play game .....
[/quote]

Regardless, the past year of stress testing has been a lot less STRESSFUL than the last day of it, so you shouldn't be surprised people are upset they can't play the game they love, you should take it as a good sign that you guys are doing a good job. No need to get into hissy fits with the player base, not going to ingratiate yourself with anyone having an attitude like that.

I'm trying out the Lock Port checkbox... so far so good. It's better than yesterday, I can make it a few minute without crashing, but gating seems to be hit or miss, so far CTDing about 50% of the time... which is something I'm semi-used to but the rate still seems high... I'll keep playing and see what happens. I at least was able to make it out of sector, seems to have worked as Tien expected. Seems weird to be that all of our network hardware was fine on the old server then suddenly have this issue across a large portion of userbase on the new hardware. Did you guys change the way something was handled? Edited by Alyseria

[quote name='Alyseria' timestamp='1301411726' post='37657']
Regardless, the past year of stress testing has been a lot less STRESSFUL than the last day of it, so you shouldn't be surprised people are upset they can't play the game they love, you should take it as a good sign that you guys are doing a good job. No need to get into hissy fits with the player base, not going to ingratiate yourself with anyone having an attitude like that.[/quote]

Stress test does not relate to the stress of the end user... its the stress imposed on the server platform, to gain data on wether or not the code can hold a community.

Code constantly evolves and these problems occur... cant be helped, people getting upset doesnt fix the issue.... what does is good solid information and bug reports.

Anyway, we've had this discussion several times in the past....

</input>

[quote name='Slayerman' timestamp='1301413098' post='37659']
Stress test does not relate to the stress of the end user... its the stress imposed on the server platform, to gain data on wether or not the code can hold a community.

Code constantly evolves and these problems occur... cant be helped, people getting upset doesnt fix the issue.... what does is good solid information and bug reports.

Anyway, we've had this discussion several times in the past....

</input>
[/quote]

...I know that, it was a play on words, Slayerman.

Take it easy. We can't make very solid bug reports when we crash 5 seconds into the game, and you can't count on the majority of the player base taking that kind of approach either, you will ALWAYS be disappointed if you do. Edited by Alyseria

im not freaking out.i played Medal of honor lastnight.Was just wondering what has been resolved while i was gone and saw ppl saying"nothing wrong with server" and was like no...there is something wrong and here is what is happening to me. Edited by Bluebull

I've heard of some with the CTD having results by going into your local profile's application data:

Vista/7: Start > Run and type "%APPDATA%" no quotes. This will open a folder that should contain folders generated by various applications, the Launcher stores some of its data in there, remove the LaunchNet7 folder (the launcher MUST be closed) and then try to relaunch and see if you are still crashing.

On XP this is stored under:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\ Just look for a sub directory named "LaunchNet7". Sadly I don't know the exact path and don't have an xp box to look for it.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1301424056' post='37678']
I've heard of some with the CTD having results by going into your local profile's application data:
[/quote]so called CTD is happening because server kicks you out. Server actually sends 'quit' message to proxy and proxy kills the game as ordered.

funnily only my old chars are affected. new char (on not-previously-used account) works fine. go figure.