Server Status (outdated)

That face(Lightening) looks familiar, is he the dude from sanctuary???

Server up btw =)

It's Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker) from Star Wars Ep II. Or if not it is a hell of a resemblance to him.

Ok the lag is way too bad keep getting stuck warping can't move and does not warp will wait till it's fixed

One to Four second lag for the usual functions, if a group attracts a group of mobs 6+ the game locks up for me, need to thrust away until the game responds at all for me.

This is not a gripe, just personal observations. I know the Devs are and will be working on this, however it seems things are getting worse since the December update. :P

One to Four second lag for the usual functions, if a group attracts a group of mobs 6+ the game locks up for me, need to thrust away until the game responds at all for me.

This is not a gripe, just personal observations. I know the Devs are and will be working on this, however it seems things are getting worse since the December update. :P

As with any new content updates there are always unforseen conflicts in the coding it just takes a little time to find them and i have np waiting for that. In my book the dev's have and contenue to work wonders with this emulator.

I spent some time profiling the server and have changed a lot of code to make the server more responsive.

It seems now that some sectors are completely lag-free like Glenn, and others, like VT are unplayable. I'm looking into this specifically now.

I spent some time profiling the server and have changed a lot of code to make the server more responsive.

It seems now that some sectors are completely lag-free like Glenn, and others, like VT are unplayable. I'm looking into this specifically now.

well if u put in 100 changes into a patch and then have issues, it makes it kind of hard to fix it. Which one or more of the 100 changes is causing the issue.

Right now Glenn is 5 sec delay when I do something. No way for me to mine anything.

Why not have small patches every week? If u have an issue, it is a lot easier to fix than what I am seeing now where we are into 4 or 5 days of lag and still no fix.

Edited by Alessan

Does wars between differen factions, Chavez and RD in Venus, have efect to LAG. They were killing each other there and Chavez had huge armada of troops, like always. At ABG middle Shinwa Cruiser was killing asteroid spores ...

Couldn't loot ;)

Does wars between differen factions, Chavez and RD in Venus, have efect to LAG. They were killing each other there and Chavez had huge armada of troops, like always. At ABG middle Shinwa Cruiser was killing asteroid spores ...

Couldn't loot ;)

Well since it is a server programming issue or hardware issue ( place a bet on software) and not lag from the internet, it could as more things that are done on the server like more people playing might make it worse.

Well since it is a server programming issue or hardware issue ( place a bet on software) and not lag from the internet, it could as more things that are done on the server like more people playing might make it worse.

it is by no means the hardware, we'd have to push it a bit harder than this ;)

It can potentially be caused to a smaller degree by latency because of the server's location, but this is likely just errors that we failed to notice because in development we don't have as many people jumping up and down straining the server. ;)

it is by no means the hardware, we'd have to push it a bit harder than this ;)

It can potentially be caused to a smaller degree by latency because of the server's location, but this is likely just errors that we failed to notice because in development we don't have as many people jumping up and down straining the server. ;)

Just growing pains, its just nice to see the game getting closer and closer to being ready for live.

well if u put in 100 changes into a patch and then have issues, it makes it kind of hard to fix it. Which one or more of the 100 changes is causing the issue.

Right now Glenn is 5 sec delay when I do something. No way for me to mine anything.

Why not have small patches every week? If u have an issue, it is a lot easier to fix than what I am seeing now where we are into 4 or 5 days of lag and still no fix.

You're also comparing to a live and fully funded game with a staff, whether intentionally or subconsciously I am unsure; however, its unrealistic to expect such quick turnaround. Chances are this might have happened anyway, and its better that we put more on it, because it shows us weaknesses in the foundation that came before and we can fix those up. I understand frustration, but until such time as all of our livelihoods are paid for, we can't expect instant or quick fixes even if we patched smaller its still going to happen and sometimes take days to work out the cause.

we'll get tehre soon enough. Besides, back when we were releasing constantly we had people saying exactly the opposite on a regular basis. anyway, just have a little patience and we'll have it back to normal pretty soon.