Server Status (outdated)

Ok for me its Sunday afternoon and the wife is leaving me alone for a while and you lot go and break the server.

Ah , well we wait .....................

At least we know it will come back up , if you need some perspective think back to when you tried just that one more time after sundown to see if it had all been a cruel joke.

All the best

Alk

Ok for me its Sunday afternoon and the wife is leaving me alone for a while and you lot go and break the server.

Ah , well we wait .....................

At least we know it will come back up , if you need some perspective think back to when you tried just that one more time after sundown to see if it had all been a cruel joke.

All the best

Alk

Afternoon? Might call you a lucky Aussie, but then you have to get to 2AM sometime, and just think... I can go to sleep and pretend I'm playing. Wait - Isn't that a nightmare? :)

Server fell down and went boom at 10:30, it's almost 2 am and still down. Oh well, devs are probably in bed, or working on something major, who knows. It'll be back some time.

Oh, and Gepeto, they had to write all the server from scratch, not a line of ea code anywhere in it.

Edited by Gobblu

I am assuming they fixed the problem, the launcher just did an update and I am showing 250 people online...I will know in a minute...

EDIT: the server is online, and seems stable, however character saving is still a bit glitchy, so stop every so often, log out and make sure what you are working on is saving. I would advise against any major raids at this point cause it would suck to get an awesome item and loose it after you log out.

Edited by Reon

I am assuming they fixed the problem, the launcher just did an update and I am showing 250 people online...I will know in a minute...

Its an update to the item database cache file from the looks of it. Any server side fixes we can't even see them unless they tell us about it.

well then, never mind that, lol.

Either way, server is up, just use caution. I kept logging out to make sure everything was saved. after a couple of attempts I manged to get it to save my combat level I just dinged, so I will probably wait till the issue is ironed out before I start trying to grind out some levels.

we had a persistent crash from a really hard to debug issue which has now been fixed. Hopefully the fix will clear up one or two other issues as well.

There were mob spawns with deleted mob types in, and when the server tried to spawn those deleted mob types, it ended up with a 'ghost' mob - there as far as the server is concerned, but not visible at all.

This would have been kind-of fine and dandy, but if you shoot a mob in the presence of said ghost mob, the server does a check to see if the ghost mob will come to the aid of that mob, and because there isn't any information the server chucks an exception, which halts that sector thread. Once that happens, all sorts of bad things start happening, like things not saving and so on.

I'm not sure what other side-effects would have been caused by the ghost mobs but I imagine they wouldn't have been good.

So, now there is a check in the server before it creates the mob that it hasn't been deleted, if it has it just picks an alternative choice from the spawn list. This should fix that particular server crash bug.