Server Status (outdated)

Hi Guys ,

just installed EaB a week ago, so dont know exactly how this goes with server problems/crashes , this server crash , any idea if it will be up again soon/this weekend ? GF just left for the weekend and was looking forward to play some EaB B) ..

thanx for the reply,

Newbie Terran Enforcer -- Sandersst--

usually on unscheduled crashes like this at this time of the day/weekend we are looking at somehow 8-10 hours downtime, before someone notices it, checks if the error can be corrected with a simple restart and hits the button.

if the problem has to be fixed first, add an arbitrary amount of time to the above estimate

Until you see David on the forums there is a slim to no chance, that the server will be restarted anytime soon.

Does this mean the server failed the stress test? B)

Which is not how it should be.

There should be more than one person with access to the server, the are no games out there even emu's where there isn't someone or multiple people monitoring, the server should be watched 24/7, so I agree with this statement.

There should be more than one person with access to the server, the are no games out there even emu's where there isn't someone or multiple people monitoring, the server should be watched 24/7, so I agree with this statement.

I seriously doubt that only one person has access, though there may only be one person who calls the shots.sort of like a group leader.

2:30ish (PST) went down - was in the middle of killing a bunch of controller minions B)

hope i dont come back to debt lol ;)

when you asked me if "i wanted to go get some debt" i didn't know you meant the server would fall out from under us ;)

lostatsea /Frizy/Alexpw

Edit

31k debt 10% off lease scope octa and 4% off my bile pl ;( ahhh well it least it wasn't off the PB i can't seem to get .From a Fish that get's stronger every day ....

The server developers have the ability to restart the server. The reason more people don't have access to that function is that restarting the server without knowing the reason for the crash can lead to unintended consequences, so we have to be extra careful about doing so.

Also, the server is currently ONLINE, for those of you skipping to the end of thread to check.