Server Status (outdated)

Post/update the status of the server within this thread as opposed to making new ones.

{Edit}

Please also go to the last page of the thread to see the current updates. This is quite a long thread, and these first posts don't reflect current status.

Edited by Dakynos
  • Upvote 4

Thanks Princess Ayami this was just along the lines that I was thinking. I would also request that:

To not just use this thread to just post up/down posts. There are ample resources to check if the server is up. They include:

N7 launcher(click "check" and it will tell you)

E&B notifier program - see the downloads section for a copy.

The N7 website: http://www.net-7.org/ - it shows the server status in the upper right hand corner.

I do realize that people want to talk about what could be going on with the server - is it planned, who's doing what etc. That would be fine. ;) I also realize there have been times where the server is running, but people can't log in. Talking about that here too would be good.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

its a CONSPIRICY of wives!!! B)

somehow they all got togeather and put the CURSE on the server.

now i gotta change the oil on her car(whaaaa)

(oh btw honey, that lawn mower hasnt run since last summer, could you look at that too)

holds head in hands..........

So I'm guessing there's no word from the server guys about why it's down or when it's going to be back up? I know it's a ST and all and I'm really happy about the progress that's been made thus far with EnB, but it's kind of getting old every Saturday the server goes down for a day.

It's deaded!

the clique mob got to it.

About the wives conspiracy. i agree 100%. they got together and destroyed the server so we got nothing to play.

This is boring. there's nothing on tv either.

I can totally understand how some of you might be annoyed that it's another EnB-free Saturday, but try to see it from the DEVs' point of view. The way I see it they're working full time at their paying jobs, supporting their families, getting their bills paid, logging into the game so they have a chance to play like the rest of us and get flooded with tells. What's the first opportunity for them to get any major work done on the game? Saturday, and that's assuming their wife-faction (if applicable) allows it.

Hey, I know for a lot of you, you have to work full time supporting your families, pay your bills, so on and so forth, and Saturday's your first chance to play and if that's the case for you then the server being down is really unfair to you. But, let me ask you this, what's better in the long run: The server being up every Saturday, crashing all the time, missions continuing to be borked (the whole Murphey's Law, everything that can go wrong, will), or the server goes down, the DEVs get needed work done on it eventually bringing the quality of the game to Live+, and you get to spend time with your wife/husband/kids/pets/parents/whatever?

• Upvote 3

Stoop, you do make a good point and I'm not going to knock it at all, but a notice on the forums, maybe updating the news feed on either the Net-7 Website or Launcher (which hasn't been updated since Dec 30th I might add), etc. would be the best course of action rather than having us sit here and wonder what the heck is going on with the server. A post from one of the server peeps about now would also be nice letting us know what the issue is. Just keep us in the loop of things is all I'm asking so the rest of us can plan our days accordingly rather than wake up on a Saturday all excited to play EnB, then be met with disappointment when we see it's offline.

• Upvote 2

I see the server is down again today for a bit. Im sure this is because you are doing work on it, but if you have any idea of when it might be back up can you post it please? Thank you

ya what he said. I also think that some of the devs are on GMT so its actually sunday over there? i dunno. Hopefully someone could post a "Ok the server will be down for a few hours" as its being worked on or such. I too am wifie free until 10pm, and a little deflated now that i can actually play without "can you do this, that and the other" in one ear-lol. The most favorite thing i hear wich may as well be the same as shooting a minion "Hey can you... Oh nevermind your busy" (said kinda sarcastically to me by my wife).

I can totally understand that it is best for the project. I have been watching the web updates on subversion it seems David and Tienbau has working their fingers off! Hopefully it wont be much longer :P

To the Devs: Thanks for undertaking this project.

I see the server is down again today for a bit. Im sure this is because you are doing work on it, but if you have any idea of when it might be back up can you post it please? Thank you

Soon™ (I hope)