Kill a Free Spacer Captain

Picked up a mission from Tarnish that involves killing a Free Spacer Captain. I have flown all over killed a bunch of different named free spacers in the hopes it spawns a captain but so far no joy.

So my questions are

1. Is this an actual viable mission friends say it is and they have done it but want to be sure.
2. What do you have to do to get one to spawn if that is the case or where can they be located around traders fort would be appreciated.

Thanks.

humm.... couple of different freespacer spots in rag. not sure about which mission this is; but up top just above the big planet in center of map, east of Dolor, is some free spacers level 25ish; directly underneath the planet there is a range of freespacers level 31 thru 42ish you have to find by freewarping. Other then that thats all i can say to help ya.

The mission reads that a ship was attacked by the free spacers and that a damaged data cube needs to be recovered.Killing the Free spacer captain will automatically load the data cube into your hold, etc.

On the old sites I found there used to be indeed a lvl 37 free spacer captain in that sector but I have yet to find him.

I have found the spots you have mentioned and someone thought you had to maybe kill an aribator (title) to spawn him but that proved so far not to work.

Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Looking into it.

Mission ID 69 (wow thats old), the mob ID for the Free Spacer captain was not entered into the mission.  It said Obtain item shattered datacube, but not fight mob.

Retooled mission steps 1 and 2 to reflect this.

Step 1 requires you to kill a freespacer captain level 37 (up to you to find it) and will reward you the cube upon victory

Step 2 requires you to return the cube to Tarnish, where it will be removed from your inventory.

Live with next content push (no ETA on when that might be)

I was out killing Free Spacers last night and ended up with the datacube in my hold on 2 toons. I didnt have any quest at all These items are non store non destroy non trade so will take valuable space up - would it be possible to look at making these quest items destroyable or drop to people with the quest only ? I did manage to get the quest on my lvl 120 toon from Tarnish but he wont speak to my lvl 116 toon He now asks me to kill a captain Hope this feedback helps Jest

the mission is fixed.  it no longer requires you to loot.  it is in the loot hulk but alos you get one automaticly after it dies.

Your missing the point - I didnt have a mission - I looted a corpse - I ended up with a no destroy item

Your missing the point - I didnt have a mission - I looted a corpse - I ended up with a no destroy item

Looks like they will have to correct that item, but in the meantime there is a action you can take to free that space up and get rid of that item, you are going to have the restore inventory slash command.

Take everything you don't want to destroy and put it in your vault, leave only in your hold what you want unretreavably eliminated. Undock from the station and type in the chat the following command "/resinv" (leaving out the quotes) this will flush everything from your hold and destroy it, even things that say nondestroyable. Realise if you do this it's gone..kaput.. so be absolutely sure only what you want to destroy is in you hold!

Hi Matt Yep was aware of that command - I was trying to point out that perhaps quest/mission items perhaps could be storable or destroyable so that we can get rid of things. Currently if we have more than one quest item in hold we dont have the option to restore since it affects more than one mission - this means annoy a GM and im sure they have better things to do. Just a thought Jest
  • Upvote 1

Hi Matt Yep was aware of that command - I was trying to point out that perhaps quest/mission items perhaps could be storable or destroyable so that we can get rid of things. Currently if we have more than one quest item in hold we dont have the option to restore since it affects more than one mission - this means annoy a GM and im sure they have better things to do. Just a thought Jest

+1

yeh nondestroyables = bad

multi undestroyables = very bad

If its to be mission driven and no other value, perhaps rather than a actual item in hold, it should just be a credit towards mission thing, then those that aren't on the mission don't actually drag an item into their hold and have problems, and the missioner don't destroy a destroyable or vendor by mistake.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...