Net-7 Website: Whats in development

Thanks Hib,

I will let you know if it need anything.

On a side note...

I made some changes to the sigs last night, if you generate a new one now, hopefully it will look better as ive increased the guild name box ;)

Thanks Hib,

I will let you know if it need anything.

On a side note...

I made some changes to the sigs last night, if you generate a new one now, hopefully it will look better as ive increased the guild name box ;)

any chance you can put a link in the forum header to the new net-7 site?

Bug(?) Report: When clicking on a news item to read the whole text I get: [#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in.

This works fine for svn and donations, but not for net-7 news

There is a possibility you dont have access to the Forum that holds the news...

Can you see the Net-7 News forum at the bottom of the forums here?

Some suggestions from this member of the peanut gallery:

1) Sig Updates force a logout. A teensy bit annoying, if you have more than one sig you want to update.

2) Suggest a cleaner, white-background, low-bandwidth quicker loading layout, or at least a low-bandwidth option: good for status updates on an iPhone or other mobile device, and perhaps even for peeking at when @ work (not that anyone should want to do something like that whilst breathing company oxygen) :(

3) The Planner seems to be broken entirely (no links available). At last recall of when it was working, some of the hull upgrade-ranks were off, particularly on the newer classes. JT's had JE ranks, and I think TS's had TE ranks.

4a) Sig Generator: Can we get rid of that awful, 1980s-ish looking boxed Question Mark with wings? If we need to fill that space, then perhaps use generic representations of each class's ship, or perhaps the class leader, or otherwise nothing at all ("whitespace" can be useful too) :huh:

4b) Might I suggest a trimmer version of the sig, limiting to pretty much the text and perhaps the colours specific to each race (Progen Red, Jenquai Violet, Terran Blue, etc)

1) Sig Updates force a logout. A teensy bit annoying, if you have more than one sig you want to update.

3) The Planner seems to be broken entirely (no links available). At last recall of when it was working, some of the hull upgrade-ranks were off, particularly on the newer classes. JT's had JE ranks, and I think TS's had TE ranks.

4a) Sig Generator: Can we get rid of that awful, 1980s-ish looking boxed Question Mark with wings? If we need to fill that space, then perhaps use generic representations of each class's ship, or perhaps the class leader, or otherwise nothing at all ("whitespace" can be useful too) :huh:

1.This happens to me, but only on the first time. After I login after the first update, I stay logged in. But I would like to stay on the same page.

3. I saw this too. Planner can be found here.

4. In the skill panel in game, there is a small image of the toon, and about the same sizeas the "?" square. Is there a way that the image, does not have to move, to be put in the "?" ?.

i would go for the smaller sigs too ... when ppl have 3 chars as gamorex there it takes a lot of space some of us just wanna scroll past ;/

I will be looking in to this.

I have already mentioned the possibility of adding this.

You should have to be logged in to get the links.

it's true that if you want to generate your char sig, then you should use that char id, but you dont have to ;-)

btw, http://sigs.net-7.org/siggen.php?id=1501&bg=4 should just give the damn sig and be used in {option} bbcode directly

it's true that if you want to generate your char sig, then you should use that char id, but you dont have to ;-)

btw, http://sigs.net-7.org/siggen.php?id=1501&bg=4 should just give the damn sig and be used in {option} bbcode directly

But the forum blocks Dynamic images.

And that means now i will be setting up a HTTP referer to block the direct access to the generator, also i will be tying it in to the log in soon, if your not logged in, it wont work.

But the forum blocks Dynamic images.

bit of htaccess magic and http://sigs.net-7.org/user/Karu_sig.png or http://sigs.net-7.org/1501/4.png can be fully dynamic and forum does not even know it.

or even http://sigs.net-7.org/siggen.php/1501/4.jpg if htacces is not possible and 'dynamic image' check's only ? and & from url.

'/1501/4.jpg' can then be found from $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] or from $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] for example.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

First awesome work with the site and the planner. Major A+ props, keep up the good work.

Second, who wrote the original Stratic's character planner and do we have permission to modify and redistribute its javascript and HTML source code like we are apparently doing?

Not trying to knock the project or anything. I just don't want to see some anal corporate legal team try and shut things down. If the planner is in the public domain or we have permission then great. But if we don't then we might want to make sure that the new planner doesn't count as a derivative work of the original.

I know, daily dose of (hopefully unfounded) paranoia.

As far as i know, we have permission to use said planner.

I have not been informed otherwise, plus i understand we also had permissions to modify it to add the new classes.

So unless i'm told otherwise, it is here to stay...

Mentioning the planner ... scripts for the TE do not work.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /EMUplanner/images/te_script.js was not found on this server.</p>
</body></html>
<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /EMUplanner/images/te_script.js was not found on this server.</p>
</body></html>

:blink:

Mentioning the planner ... scripts for the TE do not work.

<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
</body></html>
<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
</body></html>

:blink:

Try now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, i was looking at the avatar planner and then go to make toon and no jenquai seeker to choise from. I guess thats when it was pay to play.

You need the Character & Starship creator to make a Terran Scout, Progen Privateer, or Jenquai Seeker.  Instructions can be found here.