Terran Advantage mission

wolfxsf

Hi,

I just completed the terran advantage engine mission on TWO of my characters. I must question the end results of both. The mission costs millions to get the resources and builds for the items Mackellan requests, alot of time spent gathering and running the mission. Then BOTH level 9 engines fail in analyze? IMHO if you take the time to complete the mission there should be A) 100% success rate for mapping the items....or :D just have all 3 schematics added to your build list....or C) the engines replaced to enable the player to get the map. I was even grouped with a master builder who loaned me his pit mechanics toolbox and STILL failed.

Can this be rectified and made right? As I stated it seems silly....no absolutely absurd that such a mission would not have the item given a 100% success rate on analyze. I can be contacted in game on Wolfxx, or my alts Wolfxxje, tt, or pw. PLEASE make this right and help out those who spend the time, efforts, and credits to do the mission.

Sincerely,
WoLfXx

Perhaps they could give a recipe disk as the reward, that way you can put it in a device slot, undock, activate the device, and have the recipe in your book automatically.

There are examples of recipe disks from live, such as the reward for the Zach mission, some of the recipe rewards for turning in sufficent passes to the MCP, some of the recipe rewards for the balm run, as well as the scuffed data reader, are examples of devices whose purpose is to add prints to your recipe book.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1319163535' post='47522']
Perhaps they could give a recipe disk as the reward, that way you can put it in a device slot, undock, activate the device, and have the recipe in your book automatically.

There are examples of recipe disks from live, such as the reward for the Zach mission, some of the recipe rewards for turning in sufficent passes to the MCP, some of the recipe rewards for the balm run, as well as the scuffed data reader, are examples of devices whose purpose is to add prints to your recipe book.
[/quote]
anything to make sure if you do the mission you end up with the prints for the engines. And until then I am hoping they will work with me to ensure I get the map out of it. Especially since I used the only 2 level 150 terrans I had to run the mission and BOTH failed. IMHO I should be given another engine on both toons to try again or just have the schematics added to both toons....Wolfxx and WolfxxTT.

Agrippa Technology is the research arm of the Collegia of the Progen Race.
This 'Advantage Technology' is Terran counter intelligence from their puny and inferior traders.

It does not and will not grant you any rights to the blueprints of Agrippa Technology.

Round 2 of the information war will continue.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1319296064' post='47572']
I think they were looking to compare one of my team's missions with yours in terms of difficulty, you missed that Byakhee. :)
[/quote]

Ya the Terran Advantage mission issues items for analyze instead of blueprints. I know Elrick created those so I'll leave that to him or Kyp to decide on changing it to awarding BluePrints instead of Item. In comparison the Agrippa missions issue blueprints not items to fail analysis as a Reward (and before B goes into it or rather left field) I'm not talking about the Exam missions where you can fail the Exams... These and the players are referencing the Terran Advantage Engines that are meant as a reward to Terrans and have high difficulty set to build/analyze (so failure is pretty high). I failed a L9, 2 7s and an 8 (between my 2 terrans too).

• 2 months later...
[quote name='shadowxsx' timestamp='1325346793' post='50697']
One way I can think of is make it so that mapping is part of the mission until you get the map it is not complete and if you do happen to fail you can buy another until you get the map.
[/quote]

Excellent idea!

[quote name='shadowxsx' timestamp='1325346793' post='50697']
One way I can think of is make it so that mapping is part of the mission until you get the map it is not complete and if you do happen to fail you can buy another until you get the map.
[/quote]

then you'd have to make them non-trade

[quote name='igvaultsthree' timestamp='1325381737' post='50729']
then you'd have to make them non-trade
[/quote]

True I did not think of that, I am sure there would be plenty of people selling them to others to map. Only workaround would be 2 versions of each tier, the PM ones tradeable but the mappable ones nontrade.

But if done that way it would be more simple to just hand out the print to those that completed the mission. Edited by shadowxsx

[quote name='shadowxsx' timestamp='1325382445' post='50732']
True I did not think of that, I am sure there would be plenty of people selling them to others to map. Only workaround would be 2 versions of each tier, the PM ones tradeable but the mappable ones nontrade.

But if done that way it would be more simple to just hand out the print to those that completed the mission.
[/quote]

I certainly agree to that.
I had to complete the mission 4 times to get the L9 printed on both erngine builders.
It's good that I have the Agrippa missions completed on two alts.

• 4 weeks later...
All,

Sorry for the late reply on this - I am in the process of a major international move and so my time and attention have been focused elsewhere.

I am in the processes of two things which will address your concerns here.

1. I will be making the engines easier to analyze. I have them currently set to be harder than normal. That should significantly improve the chances of success. Because of the nature of the missions (and future missions) I do not want to just issue the recipe.

2. The CE-X11 Prototype "Terran Advantage" will be moving beyond prototype stage and into production. While this will not make it available at your corner engine vendor it will provide another avenue to get the engine. Stay tuned.

I trust these will be helpful.
El