1st Secret Project

Kyp

Hi Folks,

Today I've put up a unified installer for our Launcher and files. This installer will for all new players setup and re-install the game pretty much for you. Cool, huh?

Instructions:

Install E&B Demo client
Install Net-7 Unified Installer (sans the super-patch, until I can diagnose the problem)
Start our LaunchNet7 program, and allow the patch to complete.

Run EnBConfig as admin from the game client's folder after all is said and done, and voila. (everything will be set as admin for those pesky Vista/Win7 systems too)

Start playing, and enjoy yourself. Edited by Kyp
Changed for new installer

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1318107050' post='47147']
[color=#444444][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,]Hi Folks,

Today I've put up a unified installer for our Launcher and files. This installer will for all new players setup and re-install the game pretty much for you. Cool, huh?

Instructions:

Install E&B Demo client
Install Net-7 Unified Installer (sans the super-patch, until I can diagnose the problem)
Start our LaunchNet7 program, and allow the patch to complete.

Run EnBConfig as admin from the game client's folder after all is said and done, and voila. (everything will be set as admin for those pesky Vista/Win7 systems too)

Start playing, and enjoy yourself.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

good job kyp, that will save alot of troubleshooting to get people online and playing

This may help me to FINALLY get some of my friends to try this. Will this installer make it easy for Windows XP and Windows 7 users alike?

[quote](everything will be set as admin for those pesky Vista/Win7 systems too)[/quote]

Just saw that. :) Edited by Spotlore

[quote name='Bovyne' timestamp='1318164091' post='47152']
Just tried this and get error

basically it says:

your version 3.3.0.2
required version 3.3.0.6

did i do something wrong?
[/quote]

Sounds like somehow it still failed to run as admin. Shouldn't have been possible but it didn't update one of the client files. Did you receive any error messages?

*edit*
Disabling temporarily. Seems to be working fine on the development server but not sunrise. I will put back some of the older links under the names Temporary Install, and Temporary Patcher. Please use those with the original instructions in the linked thread until I update this one again. Edited by Kyp

Also I noticed that no matter how often i run the enbconfig, when running from N7 launcher it always is launching in a small windows mode, whether i have that ticked or not. (edit sorted windowed mode that needed to run it as admin, keep forgetting that)
Patched with patch but wants to connect with EA still? ok sorted this with the help in tech support

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/

"I am getting the INV-300 (EA.com is temporarily unavailable) error
This error is related to the SSL encryption used to secure your connection to the server. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:

Download this file and unzip the files into the root of the drive where your E&B installation is (or place them manually if you used a custom path). This will fix most INV-300 problems. Proceed with the following steps if it does not:"

now after character pages and then loading screen it seems to crash back to log in. Edited by Bovyne

I'm not sure why but this major patch works fine on our dev server but not the Sunrise, I haven't been able to diagnose the difference as yet. I'm now testing one that will install all of our stuff and set the files, but will still require you to patch like any other MMO out there. Alas, if this works I will release it this way so that everyone can get in until I can otherwise diagnose it.

• 4 months later...
[quote name='STRETTCH' timestamp='1330770301' post='54757']
thee downloads page is blank, where is a link to the launcher and patch downloads? is this just being repaired/adjusted?
[/quote]

This is how it's looking for me:

[attachment=1392:Bildschirmfoto.png]

[quote name='STRETTCH' timestamp='1330792136' post='54783']
still downloads page on net-7.org comes up blank for me
[/quote]see if direct link works. [url="http://www.net-7.org/downloads.php"]http://www.net-7.org/downloads.php[/url]

THE DIRECT LINK WORKED OK, I WAS ABLE TO GET THE DOWNLOADS. BUT THE DOWNLOAD SECTION AT NET-7.ORG IS STILL COMMING UP BLANK FOR ME.I HAVE TRIED IT ON 4 DIFFERENT COMPUTERS AND 3 DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS ALL WITH THE SAME RESULT.

Direct link did not work for me, and getting the same problem as Strettch, the net-7 dl page comes up but it is completely blank.with no links.

edit :- net-7 portal comes up with a blank page also, I see headers and background but nothing else. Edited by Cockroach

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Now we have another problem...
BTW.. the download page can't find the demo download, but all the other links work. Ironically, when I used the direct link above, I was able to download it.
Other problem is Fileplanet took the demo off their servers, and the installed can no longer install the client because it can't get the demo key from fileplanet.
Probably need someone to hack the installer or find another source for it.
Maybe use something to capture all the actions done by the installer to create a custom one... I'll leave it to the hackers.

Ricochet,

can you tell us plz exactly which game-client you are using and from where you've downloaded it?
I see you were creating a toon named "i need a gm" with spaces in the name and directly after you created the toon a corrupted account where the result.

We see this problem occured a few times over the last two weeks and maybe it's caused a "strange" downloadsource which was already used by 2-3 other players lately.