Thank You DevTeam Once Again

Other then after we were told they were going to fix them 1 at a time. Now they are doing a 48 hour rollback. GL on this project, I hope you get better at it. I think I am going to go order STO now.

Laters!

Well guessing there is a restore in progress which of course I support:) for anyone I have been venomous towards for your position on this today my comments stand. Still stunned and saddened by how many members of our community threw many of us under the bus for 48 hours of stress test time. I'll get over it but don't ask me to build for you:) And while I have been down on many let me tell you my happy story here in this stress test. I'm from Andromeda in live and have nothing but great memories from that server. Great bunch of people. GREAT bunch of people! No whiners about paying TT's for their work or anything. No idiots whining about paying someone for a JS- or a WH! Unlike what we are working on and building on here. But here on stress test- I've met many nice peeps that have helped me and I have tried my best to help them and others. Its been a mutual love fest with some exceptions:) No names because I will surely forget someone. But... I'm sure many of you have gone to Witberg to try to farm some solar sails lvl 4 and met with many losers that KS out there. Not sure why as as we keep hearing its "just a stress test"- same losers that KS whine about that when you ask then for a fair price for something, or for a WH or whatever,,,, that go to Wit and KS is my guess:) Anyway.... one night I went there- was there 2 hours happily grinding away trying to get a SS4 with no luck when someone else popped in, his name was AndyBret (sp?) and he asked me how long I had been there and if I had any luck. I told him I had been there 2 hours and zero lvl 4 SS drops and good luck and shortly thereafter he offered me a SS4 he got on his first kill (lucky guy) saying I should have it and he would get the next one! That's the type of player I dealt with on Andromeda and I'm guessing most of you will say you dealt with on your server. What we have here is a mix of those peeps and some "lesser" types that troll around playing free stuff and have lesser values with how they decide to play any game they sign up for. Harsh but I'm if nothing I'm honest to my feelings. So.... the Andybrets of this game lets keep rocking- the rest of you losers put me on your ignore list and make me happy. There,,,, someone had to say it:) And if the game is getting rolled back thank you Devs- right decision and you earned my loyalty once again.

...was there 2 hours happily grinding away trying to get a SS4 with no luck when someone else popped in, his name was AndyBret (sp?) and he asked me how long I had been there and if I had any luck. I told him I had been there 2 hours and zero lvl 4 SS drops and good luck and shortly thereafter he offered me a SS4 he got on his first kill (lucky guy) saying I should have it and he would get the next one! That's the type of player I dealt with on Andromeda...

How cool is that? Have spent several hours out there with Seleana farming for the Sail, and I know how how much of a pain they are to find. Glad to see that there is still some dignity left in the galaxy.

See and I didn't want to name names out of fear I would miss someone but since my friend Higs popped on he's also one of the good ones. Cripes anyone that has spent time in Wit farming the SS4 without being a KS loser (xrated you been a loser there??- sorry no names:) We've got a great community going here folks- lets keep it going and use this bad experience to build on it. Ks losers take a hike and peeps like Andy and Higs and all you others (you know your name) lets keep having some fun:)

I feel there's a bit too much glorification of the past

I can't say for certain on andromeda but I met tons of people who were total jerks on Galileo. The community of what I've seen has been way better here than it was in live.

and yes, the 48 hour rollback is unfortunate, but at least we got the characters back. And hey, this is a stress test, stuff like this happens and we gotta make the server run clean. I realize none of you stress testers get paid to do this so it might be less of a reason to keep going, but we need your help to restore this game to its former glory.

I want to put in my $0.02 as well. I am very, very thankful that the devs are continuing to work their keisters off! We're all deeply indebted to them for resurrecting this phoenix from the ashes (UNLIKE the piles of ash who should be buried in holes that killed it)! Losing 2 days of work is no biggie.

This just highlights one reason the stress test is needed... find out what kind of problems can come up & learn to fix them. Now the devs know that they need to find a way to do a search & replace (with confirm) on the user database (hopefully clearing the 'deleted' flag from the data or some such). Opening up a current and a recent copy of the database, conmparing them, and showing records that met certain criteria would allow an effecient method of narrowing down the list of people without having to manually compare every record. Multi monitor setups for this kind of thing are highly recommended.

It was wierd for a poll to be taken and then a rollback announced while the poll disappeared from the website. :D It's also strange that it diddn't run for at least 24 hours, but these are minor concerns.

Overall, the team gets an "A". Everyone makes mistakes & has to learn... and ultimately this is an ALPHA stress test. We know we're going to have toon wipes & lose things eventually. It is frustrating for those who went after rare drops or completed arduous tasks during the past 2 days, but such is life. These things will be happening when we wipe. It's the love of the game & the joy of interacting with others... even devs... that sets this game apart. Actually getting one-on-one help when you're in trouble is rare in a MMO. The DEVs aren't perfect, but they're exceedingly good. They're learning just like we are. Nobody likes it when crap happens, but this is a game, it's not real life. We know it's *better* than real life, and wish we could move. :)

• Upvote 1

Greetings and Salutations

great thanks to the DEVS that fixed the server issues and the lost toons. I would like to point out however as others have done before me that this is a stress test on the system. I do hope they actually found the issues that actually caused the glitch. while i was affected by this incident i was fine with what happened. just a brief history I started playing this game in 2001 in a closed beta through the end of it's reign. I played with a guild called immolation of which some are back to playing now. Character name was Jordyn

I must add my thoughts to this issue, tis great everyone that lost toons got them back..has anyone considered thanking those of us that gave up a weeks worth of grinding? Some of you may have all day to do nothing but play E and B...I for one dont, I keep hearing its stress test...so, its stressed....and those that didn't lose anything...lost...Im not happy

I must add my thoughts to this issue, tis great everyone that lost toons got them back..has anyone considered thanking those of us that gave up a weeks worth of grinding? Some of you may have all day to do nothing but play E and B...I for one dont, I keep hearing its stress test...so, its stressed....and those that didn't lose anything...lost...Im not happy

How does a 48 hour rollback cost you "a weeks worth of grinding"? 2 days = 1 week?