Seriously Confused with Emulator Setup

I'm an old E&B fan who wants to set up the new emulator and check it out/test it out/help out. I managed to find an emulator installation package and got it installed, but in LaunchNet7 v1.5.3, I'm getting an error stating 'Error while launching client. Details: Could not patch AuthLogin.dll.' whenever I press 'Play' in the lower right-hand corner of the application. I'm not certain if I have an up-to-date version, or if the environment is open to new players, or if there's a configuration I missed. I haven't been able to find much information on the whole set up and what's needed to get it running. I'd greatly appreciate any help getting this beastie up and running if it's at all possible.

Hello ChaynLynx,

You may or may not be aware, but the EnB emu website recently suffered a hard drive crashed and nearly all of the web content was lost! Not to worry though, all the server development and such is safe, so the game will go on. In fact, the play server is running atm and you can log on if you have an account and correct client.

With that said, I just want to let you know that you do have an out-dated launcher. The current version is v1.8.9.0. I'm not sure where you could download the latest client, since the website is still in the process of rebuilding, but I'm sure someone more informed than me will post and let you know.

Hello ChaynLynx,

You may or may not be aware, but the EnB emu website recently suffered a hard drive crashed and nearly all of the web content was lost! Not to worry though, all the server development and such is safe, so the game will go on. In fact, the play server is running atm and you can log on if you have an account and correct client.

With that said, I just want to let you know that you do have an out-dated launcher. The current version is v1.8.9.0. I'm not sure where you could download the latest client, since the website is still in the process of rebuilding, but I'm sure someone more informed than me will post and let you know.

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks muchly!

It is good to see new people joining the community, welcome!

Instructions:

1) First of all realize this project is in an alpha state, as programmers call it. In non-technical terms that means major changes are still happening. As a consequence, even as bugs are being fixed new ones are being introduced. This is a good thing since it’s a sign of progress in bringing back earth and beyond. So please try to be patient and understanding. The last thing we would want is for supporting the stress test to get in the way of developing the emulator.

2) Secondly you will need a copy of the earth and beyond client. You can install it from the CDs if you still have them. If that isn't available you can find links to download the demo here. Take note of the directory location that you install the earth and beyond client, you may need it later.

3) After that you will need to download and install the last official patch from Westwood. You can find links to download that here.

4) After that you will need to download and install the Net7 Launcher. You can find links to download that here.

4a) The Net7 launcher requires the .Net framework 2.0 or higher to run. The .Net Framework is available via windows update, so if you have automatic updates running you probably already have it. Just in case here is a link. From Microsoft

4b) If your running Win7 or Vista make sure Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe is set under windows 2000 compatibility mode. You will also need to run most things as an administrator. Its also suggested that you disable User Access Control.

5) After that you will need to run the Net7 Launcher, which will patch your Net7 install. There should be a short-cut on your desktop, if I remember correctly.

6) Next you double check that the Net7 Launcher has to correct location. The textbox to the left of the browse button should say the directory location from step 2 \release\client.exe.

7) Depending on how your connect to the internet you may need to open port 443. Please check your firewall's directions for details.

8) Lastly you will need to create an account on the play server. That is not the same as the forums, though. You can can sign up here.

9) Run the Net7 configuration tool. To do so go to your earth and beyond client install directory. Then double click on the "EBCONFIG" directory. Then double click on "net7config.exe". After that adjust your resolution / color depth settings as needed. To finish click on the "Test Performance" button and then the "OK" button.

FAQ:

Q) I can't get the install to work.

A) There may already be a fix for your issue, try searching and or browsing the technical support forum. If you don't find someone with the same issue, post here in the forums and a member of the community should be able to help you with-in a few days.

Q) What Operating system do I need?

A) We have people in the community running on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and even linux. That said Windows XP is usually the easiest. Vista and Windows 7 require you run the launcher in Windows XP compatibility mode. And thanks to Nintenduh we have This excellent Linux / Mac install guide

Q) I installed a new patch via the Net7 patcher, what changed?

A) At this time patch notes arn't available. That said, most of the changes happen on the server and don't require a patch to the client. If your interested keep the General chat channel open in game, you may see a developer discussing a new server patch.

Q) Will my characters ever be wiped?

A) Yes. In certain stages of testing all characters will be returned to level 0. It is a common thing in all level based games in this stage of development. You should see an announcement in these forums when and if a wipe is planned.

Q) How can I contribute to the emulator?

A) You can donate money via the link (when its available). You can also donate time. When a team is looking for more people they will announce it on the forums.

Q) I found a bug in game, what should I do?

A) Ask in game if any beta players are available to help.

Q) I've heard that you can play the 3 missing classes how?

A) You can find a download link and guide here in Kenu's post

Q) Are there any websites like World of Warcraft's Thottbot / alakazam?

A) Yes! http://enbdatabase.com and http://enbarsenal.com/

Q) Is this legal?

A) Its defiantly in the grey area. The community does try to avoid drawing undo attention. For instance not posting links to download the cds and avoiding modifying the client where possible. So far EA, the owners of the client, haven’t taken action to stop the emulator. After all we are increasing the value of their IP. We don’t have their official permission, however, so it is better to be cautious.

Edit 12/20/09: removed the file dropper links, they stopped working. Also added Tunksfera's link and confirmation that the play server registration is down, Thanks!

Edit 12/21/09: Added CDel's links, a link to Nintenduh's linux install guide and a link to Kenu's post on creating one of the 3 new classes, Thanks!

Edit 12/22/09: Added Imp's Links, Thanks!

Edit 12/23/09: Added a link to the account sign-up page, Thanks David!

Edit 12/28/09: Added a step to run the Net7config tool and a few more.

Guest Kaiyzer

Looking through my downloads I have a copy of the install that isn't too old. So I thought I should share it along with some instructions

Instructions:

1) First of all realize this project is in an alpha state, as programmers call it. In non-technical terms that means major changes are still happening. As a consequence, even as bugs are being fixed new ones are being introduced. This is a good thing since it’s a sign of progress in bringing back earth and beyond. So please try to be patient and understanding. The last thing we would want is for supporting the stress test to get in the way of developing the emulator.

2) Secondly you will need a copy of the earth and beyond client. You can install it from the CDs if you still have them. If that isn't possible you can download the demo. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the demo and it looks like fileplanet took it down. If anyone has a copy, I'd gladly add a link to it here.

3) After that you will need to download and install the last official patch from Westwood. I've upload it to here. From Filesavr From Filedropper

4) After that you will need to download and install the Net7 Launcher. I've uploaded that here. From Filesavr From Filedropper

4a) The Net7 launcher requires the .Net framework 2.0 to run. The .Net Framework is available via windows update, so if you have automatic updates running you probably already have it. Just in case here is a link. From Microsoft

5) After that you will need to run the Net7 Launcher, which will patch your Net7 install. There should be a short-cut on your desktop, if I remember correctly.

6) Lastly you will need to create an account on the play server. That is not the same as the forums, though, and I don’t think that is available at this time

FAQ:

A) Post here in the forums another member of the community should be able to help you with-in a few days.

A) We have people in the community running on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and even linux.

A) At this time patch notes arn't available. That said, most of the changes happen on the server and don't require a patch to the client. If your interested keep the General chat channel open in game, you may see a developer discussing a new server patch.

A) Yes. In certain stages of testing all characters will be returned to level 0. It is a common thing in all level based games in this stage of development. You should see an announcement in these forums when and if a wipe is planned.

A) You can donate money via the link (when its available). You can also donate time. When a team is looking for more people they will announce it on the forums.

Q) Is this legal?

A) Its defiantly in the grey area. The community does try to avoid drawing undo attention. For instance not posting links to download the cds and avoiding modifying the client where possible. So far EA, the owners of the client, haven’t taken action to stop the emulator. After all we are increasing the value of there IP. We don’t have their official permission, however, so it is better to be cautious.

Note: This is the first time I've used either of those file hosts. If you encounter problems downloading, I'd be happy to upload them to another place. I apologize if I've 'stepped on anyone’s toes' by uploading them there.

Hello and Welcome i have uploaded the Latest Net-7 Installer Here i am still looking for a good website that still has the Client that dosent require you to join there site to be able to download it ( If anyone knows where it is still available and you dont need to register at there site please let me know)

But as for new installs please be aware that you cannot register for the stress test yet the link is still broken and im sure that the development team is working very hard to fix the link so the community can grow

Looking through my downloads I have a copy of the install that isn't too old. So I thought I should share it along with some instructions

Instructions:

2) Secondly you will need a copy of the earth and beyond client. You can install it from the CDs if you still have them. If that isn't possible you can download the demo. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the demo and it looks like fileplanet took it down. If anyone has a copy, I'd gladly add a link to it here.

3) After that you will need to download and install the last official patch from Westwood. You can download that here. From Filesavr From Rapidshare

4) After that you will need to download and install the Net7 Launcher. You can download that here. From Filesavr or From Rapidshare

4a) The Net7 launcher requires the .Net framework 2.0 to run. The .Net Framework is available via windows update, so if you have automatic updates running you probably already have it. Just in case here is a link. From Microsoft

6) Lastly you will need to create an account on the play server. That is not the same as the forums, though, and Isn't available at this time.

FAQ:

A) Post here in the forums another member of the community should be able to help you with-in a few days.

A) We have people in the community running on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and even linux.

Q) Is this legal?

A) Its defiantly in the grey area. The community does try to avoid drawing undo attention. For instance not posting links to download the cds and avoiding modifying the client where possible. So far EA, the owners of the client, haven’t taken action to stop the emulator. After all we are increasing the value of there IP. We don’t have their official permission, however, so it is better to be cautious.

Note: This is the first time I've used either of those file hosts. If you encounter problems downloading, I'd be happy to upload them to another place. I apologize if I've 'stepped on anyone’s toes' by uploading them there.

Edit 12/20/09: removed the file dropper links, they stopped working. Also added Tunksfera's link and confirmation that the play server registration is down, Thanks!.

Can't tell you how much that helped. I can wait until they've got the whole shabang set up and working again - no worries. Thanks muchly to everything for the quick reply and all the details. *smile*

Hello and Welcome i have uploaded the Latest Net-7 Installer Here i am still looking for a good website that still has the Client that dosent require you to join there site to be able to download it ( If anyone knows where it is still available and you dont need to register at there site please let me know)

But as for new installs please be aware that you cannot register for the stress test yet the link is still broken and im sure that the development team is working very hard to fix the link so the community can grow

Wicked! No worries. I can wait, and I've got a towel to catch the drool before it lands on the keyboard. *heh*

Hey Everyone,

Ive created a downloads section and populated it with some initial download links:

https://enb-emulator....m/91-downloads/

Hi Imp, could you also put some directions in the DL section? I have a friend who is struggling somewhat with getting the game working. There are numerous posts/threads but the info is kinda confusing for a first-timer.

I pointed my friend to the posts above, which helped greatly, maybe just a copy/paste to the DL section. Thanks, Klyde

Hi Imp, could you also put some directions in the DL section? I have a friend who is struggling somewhat with getting the game working. There are numerous posts/threads but the info is kinda confusing for a first-timer.

I pointed my friend to the posts above, which helped greatly, maybe just a copy/paste to the DL section. Thanks, Klyde

:( I thought, this post had been forgotten. I updated it with some more info, though it still isn't as good as the guide on the previous forums.