Windows 8

Haven't touched it, but from what I've been hearing, i'm not all that interested in it anyway. In regards to not valid win32, no idea, but if they've somehow made the client non-functional due to changes, there may be little we can do about it.

I got it working perfectly in the first try, you'll get a popup asking to install .net 3.5.1 that you need to accept and install.

One minor nitpick is the new task manager wasn't able to "Switch To" when the game minimizes, thou Blacklung mentioned that a workaround was to hover of the game "mini frame" and hit restore. I haven't tried this yet, but I'll make a reply once I get around to do it.

[quote name='Procat' timestamp='1317028756' post='46661']
I got it working perfectly in the first try, you'll get a popup asking to install .net 3.5.1 that you need to accept and install.

One minor nitpick is the new task manager wasn't able to "Switch To" when the game minimizes, thou Blacklung mentioned that a workaround was to hover of the game "mini frame" and hit restore. I haven't tried this yet, but I'll make a reply once I get around to do it.
[/quote]

Try "Bring to Front" instead of "Switch to" (if its doin the same thing I've seen in Win7 before)

• 8 months later...
This is probably a silly question, and I know this is an old thread, but has anyone tested it on Windows 8 Preview 32 bit? Or should I install the 64 bit Windows? That's a bit overkill for me as I'm using it on a VM, but I'm curious if anyone has any updated info about this. =)

Update: I got it working with Windows 8 Preview on a Virtual Box on my MacBook Pro. Works great. =) Only, it does have a graphical glitch that I'm wondering if a dev might be able to help with. I can't see characters at all, and parts of mobs are not drawn/missing. Also, backgrounds (transparencies) on maps and info screens don't show up (the words are all there as are the widgets so I can function totally fine).

Any clues? Would love to get some feedback. Thanks. =)

Nevermind! I looked around and found that Virtualbox has some pretty bad graphics drivers overall. So I decided to look into my boxes (I just moved) and find VMWare again. I found it this morning and installed it, got the update, and everything works great. No more graphics glitches.

So this is my setup, just in case anyone wants to know:

MacBook Pro running latest Lion OS X
VMWare 4
Windows 8 Preview (latest one)
Running E&B perfectly fine. No glitches at all so far as I can tell (apart from the occasional gating crash)