August Content Update Info

Kenu

Not sure if the lower levels of SAP has been fixed or not, I wrote a post about it while i was leveling my PW some time back.

I didn't get any shield hp returned on the lower levels of SAP, think it was lvl 3 I reported about and if I recall correctly some other player used the same thread recently and still had the same problem...

Here is the thread:

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/4998-shield-sap-pw/

EDIT: Added link

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1317845993' post='47078']
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Halloween stuff.
[/quote]
[attachment=1038:Mr-Burns.jpg]
excellent

Am I wrong in thinking a maxed PW with decent equipment should be able to solo a L60 mech mob? I just found out about the 2 minute timer on shield sap when I got turned into a smoldering heap against the afore mentioned mob. PW is parked and on vacation until further notice. 10 ga.

For those of you thinking the 2 minute residual effect timer aka not being able to sap the same mob more than once within two minutes was a NERF by the DEVs? I direct you to take your gripes and complaints to EA's doorstep. This is how the skill was in live, here is the listing directly pulled from EA's old infosite. Enjoy

http://web.archive.org/web/20031212071710/http://www.earthandbeyond.ea.com/community/glimpse/glimpse02.11_25.jsp

And JE & JD's I'd read closely... Your leech skill is suppose to have the same 2Min timer... Get your fun in now before it possibly gets changed to Live standards too.

[quote name='BrixunMortar' timestamp='1318706616' post='47333']
only possibly lol
[/quote]

Well I would assume its gonna change, but I'm not the one to say it will/wont (Not a DEV). But I would prefer they all 3 were aligned as intended, which I'm sure they will just takes time and coding effort when they can. I'll be along for the ride in the mean time hehe.

[quote name='Tengage' timestamp='1318546756' post='47288']
Am I wrong in thinking a maxed PW with decent equipment should be able to solo a L60 mech mob? I just found out about the 2 minute timer on shield sap when I got turned into a smoldering heap against the afore mentioned mob. PW is parked and on vacation until further notice. 10 ga.
[/quote]

/agree

Mine got smoked by 3 50s in cooper. It used to be a cake walk it is now a death march.

An interesting read for sure.

Couldn't a compromise on the timer and desired effects between the dev's and players be reached here? If so many are unhappy with it now, why not start a discussion for a counter proposal? It seems that we should not only strive to see EnB remade, but why not improve on what we can along the way? (I know its been suggested before, but I still had to say it)

-Overt.
  • Upvote 1

To think how did we survive in LIVE for so long with it like that then... Think people just had it to easy here with unlimited usage. Now ya gotta go back to the planned timing for when to use sap.

Yes JEs aren't set equal with theres yet but this doesn't prevent PWs from solo'ing in Antares, Cooper or BBW...

Sap IMO was just a method to get your shields back quicker for the most part if solo to continue combat not as a primary part of dps, more a heal tool that packed a descent enough punch but never was spammed, was more used as a kill shot or death blossom or agro drawer of group of mobs.

Guess it will have to be how to play PW 101 for some folks (that includes proper gear and tactics).

[quote name='Tengage' timestamp='1318546756' post='47288']
[/quote]

This is a issue that has been greatly disagreed upon. PW's are no longer the killing machine that can effectively solo.

I never used my PW in live to take out higher level mobs. That was what a TE was for...or...depending on the mob....the JD. PW were great for tanking, holding aggro, knocking the crap out of multiple mobs at the same time. That hasn't changed.

Anyone bitching about changes made to classes to get them closer to Live needs to sack up and learn now to play. God forbid someone has to learn how to use tactics (grav-link, warping, chem/plasma, etc) to take out higher level mobs rather than not moving pressing auto fire and reading a book.
  • Upvote 1