August Content Update Info

Kenu

Here's most of the info for the August Content Update, coming soon.

[size="4"]August Content Update [/size]

[size="3"]Content Development[/size]:

[list]

[*]Reduced guns on Oni Communication Device Oni to reduce lag.
[*]Added more live-like firing effects to various Jenquai mobs.
[*]Shakti and Kailaasa planet scale/location changes.
[*]Added more mobs to Kailaasa to make it a better hunting ground.
[*]Spread out Vishao's Cove Zenshai so they don't gang up on players.
[*]Added ore fields to Vishao's Cove.
[*]Added Voltoi foreshadowing in Dahin. (no raid yet)
[*]Added prototype Mivrei Drones.
[*]Changed Mortar Projectile firing effect.
[*]Token missions ending in SK give exactly the same amount of reward as if they were completed to guarantee players will not be cut off from future content relating to these missions.
[*]Adjusted all Mob drops from lvl 0-5 to help in start sectors for new players credit concern.
[*]Replaced TS final Hull upgrade, removing the link to optional mission content.
[*]Spun off previous TS final Hull upgrade as a standalone mission.
[*]Increased Stack Size on Ballistic Sniper Rounds.
[*]Added Pre-requisites to new Ballistic Sniper Mission to remove the possibility of receiving two Ballistic Snipers.
[*]Changed hulk field from lvl 6 to lvl 7 in same system.
[*]Renamed System Gate to Aragoth to Akeron's Gate.
[/list]

[size="3"]Coding Changes: Info coming soon[/size]
  • Upvote 2

I "rediscovered" Kailaasa last night. Memories came flooding back about hunting around Parens Beacon and the TransCom Monitor. Alas after a while of searching both places I found a single L5 mod (something Leech I think) near the beacon. I was scratching my head wondering if I'd just dreamed it all. I'm glad you've confirmed the lack of mobs there and are on top of things.

[quote name='RojoMuerte' timestamp='1315661052' post='45971']
Can we get the Ballistic Shells to show in the DB (net-7) or is there some secrecy about them?
[/quote]

I cant make them appear, if they dont appear, that is down to the content devs marking them as hidden.

[quote name='Slayerman' timestamp='1315670686' post='45974']
I cant make them appear, if they dont appear, that is down to the content devs marking them as hidden.
[/quote]

They should not be hidden, no idea why they are. I will see if I can get them changed before the push.

El
  • Upvote 1

Not sure exactly where bugs from this update are supposed to go, but I guess this topic works.

Whatever got tweaked with the "error another skill is active" code is causing issues in multiple areas. I've seen reports so far of the TS's null field not casting while afterburn is on, TS hull patch not wqorking with afterburn on, grav link not working with shield inversion on, recharge shields not working with shield inversion on, and I'm sure the list goes on.

basically the whole "another skill active" thing just needs to be rolled back.

[quote name='BrixunMortar' timestamp='1316271572' post='46209']
then how about they change the jenpies leeach to 2 mins aswell!?
[/quote]

When shield leech garners the possibility of making the JE/JD invincible through spam, we'll consider it. Progen have this to blame on people that figured out how to do so with sap. :)

We'll take a look at leech though and see how [i]effective[/i] it is.

**EDIT**

And yeah, what Rolo said \/
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='dorin' timestamp='1316266248' post='46203']
A 2 Min Cool down on shield sap is not a screw over..
[/quote]

Shouldn't be a cooldown on the skill. If you are fighting multiple mobs you should be able to sap one after another. Once a mob has been sapped NOONE should be able to sap it for 2 minutes.
If it's not working like that then please let me know with specifics and I'll look at it.

Rolo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1316279058' post='46215']
Shouldn't be a cooldown on the skill. If you are fighting multiple mobs you should be able to sap one after another. Once a mob has been sapped NOONE should be able to sap it for 2 minutes.
If it's not working like that then please let me know with specifics and I'll look at it.

Rolo
[/quote]
So what this means is PW shouldn't bother spending SP to max sap.....since to area sap now taps all mobs in area for a 2 min. cooldown....they should single target a mob to sap if they don't have a heal to finish off current target, then start on mob tapped, and retarget another mob in area to sap when shield needs filling..Does this seem a little overdone to anyone but me?

With a 2min. timer tapping mobs...what happens at leveling spawn area when PW overlap? Then 1 or other Pw gets screwed out of sappage, and I see potential griefage opportunity, once again..does this seem a little problematic to anyone else?

How about we try for "like live", sap NEVER had a 100% success rate, it NEVER was a full shield recovery, it NEVER was spammable, it had a in common cooldown of approx 30 sec. modable. Like other classes leechs, a PW could sap, and a JD/JE leech the same mob for a huge mob dmg effect, but it suffered from deminished returns, since the return was a percentage not static amount i.e. sap didnt hit for 3k, it hit for UP TO an amount, then after a percentage, as did leech, the second one to hit it had less to suck fromthus less effect.

In a large population mob area, is not the cooldown going to be a game resource drain? Correct me, but every mob tapped is going to have some internal clock set to it for 2 min. thats EACH and EVERY mob in AoE, now has to have a timer individually ticking, would it not get a bit lagged especially with 2 or more PW hitting a large AoE in a area?

And correct me on this if I'm wrong, if a PW attempts to sap a mob that has been sapped while the cool down is still ticking..is it going to sent the PW a "target has been tapped already" prompt? Or aare they going to activate skill and have it fail, burning their internal skill cooldown in process? If the PW IS going to get a "mob has been tapped" prompt, will it include "time remaining" until tappable info included? Any and all of that is gooing to be a game resource drain......

Is the PW sapping a mob going to set the 2 min. cool down timer for other types of leech (JD/JE) also? If so then the JE need not level leech to max also..since a rea leech is going to screw then and others as well....and if it DOES set the clock then all of the above is going to be pertinent to THEM as well....
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1316278446' post='46213']
When shield leech garners the possibility of making the JE/JD invincible through spam, we'll consider it. Progen have this to blame on people that figured out how to do so with sap. :)

**EDIT**

[/quote]
well plenty of lvl 25 jenpies have leeched and cloaked multiple kills on the osterae (L41's) for ages! they do the same kind of dmg and get there leech maxed far earlier due to it being explore level based!
as a progen the sap is needed to stay alive! 2 minutes is just ludicrous! how is a pw meant to tank a group with no sap ability?

hell why not just give them 1 weapon slot 1 device slot level 1 shields and then keep calling them warriors!!
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='lordfalcon' timestamp='1316284574' post='46220']
Everyone just needs to retire there PW. Problem solved
[/quote]
Actually, you're on to something there! Maybe if all PW boycotted tanking, the TE and JD could enjoy the tank roll for a while, let the JD stand up toe to toe to a boss mob and enjoy the pain, goes for TE as well, could be problematic for a TE to tank and have beamers have to break formation all the time to get in range....

Whatever the problems, let them enjoy it and then have other classes whine and moan how OPed they are, and it just is so EVIDENT its not FAIR that their (insert explorer/trader type here) don't out dps the NEW tank! Let THEM scream for nerf bats and skill mods etc., after the new tanks get a taste of the silly season the PW might not get so much grief. Let a few raids fail (hopefully spectaculary!) for lack of PW standing in to take the crap, let the non-combat toons solo their CL without a Pw to speed the process (what? well why won't you come level me? But I NEED CL and jobs are so SLOW!), maybe then they will quit bitchn and itchn, and get behind a brother for a change instead of advocating for a nerf.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1316278446' post='46213']

**EDIT**

[/quote]

Well JD does not have Shield Leech. and yes the JE become very strong with their Leech. So as soon as a class becomes to powerful we nurf it? Does anyone have the real timer from live. I don't remember it being 2min long.

When does my JD become nurfed because I can shoot a couple of beams faster than some PW can shoot their PL.

I think that the Shield Leech timer in Live (JE) was 40 seconds, not absoutely sure of that. Right now; however, I don't think it's much of a worry just yet, as mobs can't resist Shield Leech while in live they could.

When the mobs gain the ability to resist shield Leech/Sap will the coundown timers apply in cases where the PW/JE cast the skill, but the mob was unaffected by the skill? I would hope not in those cases.

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1316287884' post='46223']
Actually, you're on to something there! Maybe if all PW boycotted tanking, the TE and JD could enjoy the tank roll for a while, let the JD stand up toe to toe to a boss mob and enjoy the pain, goes for TE as well, could be problematic for a TE to tank and have beamers have to break formation all the time to get in range....

Whatever the problems, let them enjoy it and then have other classes whine and moan how OPed they are, and it just is so EVIDENT its not FAIR that their (insert explorer/trader type here) don't out dps the NEW tank! Let THEM scream for nerf bats and skill mods etc., after the new tanks get a taste of the silly season the PW might not get so much grief. Let a few raids fail (hopefully spectaculary!) for lack of PW standing in to take the crap, let the non-combat toons solo their CL without a Pw to speed the process (what? well why won't you come level me? But I NEED CL and jobs are so SLOW!), maybe then they will quit bitchn and itchn, and get behind a brother for a change instead of advocating for a nerf.
[/quote]
That won't really matter because the people who don't even like PW's will roll them so they can have a meatshield in the line up...

The only thing that made the sap too powerful was the ability to cast it while inversion was running. Many other skills will not allow that by simply telling you another skill is running. Why couldn't the fix have simply been to stop the overlapped skills?

I have a PW, and never knew they would overlap simply because I knew that most skills won't allow it. I have never seen this skill as unbalancing the class. In a serious fight the PW still needs a healer along, or he's gonna warp out to recharge.

I have seen PP's use inversion at the same time as shield recharge, which clearly is unbalanced.

On a different note, something has happened to the Voltoi in Antares, the spawns are scarce since the patch.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Klyde']
[color=#444444][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,]The only thing that made the sap too powerful was the ability to cast it while inversion was running. Many other skills will not allow that by simply telling you another skill is running. Why couldn't the fix have simply been to stop the overlapped skills?[/font][/color]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"][/quote][/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"]
[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"]This is actually what was intended and we are testing some new changes for this now to try and make it a lil less painful while still preventing toe-to-toe with high end mobs that shouldn't be possible. There's another thing we figured out in relation to this along with another class which you'll hear about soon.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1316370027' post='46274']
[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"]
[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"]This is actually what was intended and we are testing some new changes for this now to try and make it a lil less painful while still preventing toe-to-toe with high end mobs that shouldn't be possible. There's another thing we figured out in relation to this along with another class which you'll hear about soon.[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

Which mobs Kyp? Because in live a PW could solo anything outside of a raid. You name it, it could be soloed. Mine was able to smash desash and his spawn easily, anything in antares, the bullywere, the ghost ship, though the stuff in DT was a little too powerful for a solo PW to really fight alone.

Realistically if your nerf is going to make even THOSE impossible to solo for a PW, youve effectively neutered every purpose we had in the game. PW was always a solo combat class with very little group role besides tank/meatshield. There will be no purpose for them outside of the few and far between raid calls a certain few may get on this light of a population game.

Im gonna have to log in and test just how severe this nerf is, but I know full well the inability to self heal while tanking even fish in cooper is going to be a problem.

[quote name='Klyde' timestamp='1316368669' post='46268']
The only thing that made the sap too powerful was the ability to cast it while inversion was running. Many other skills will not allow that by simply telling you another skill is running. Why couldn't the fix have simply been to stop the overlapped skills?

I have a PW, and never knew they would overlap simply because I knew that most skills won't allow it. I have never seen this skill as unbalancing the class. In a serious fight the PW still needs a healer along, or he's gonna warp out to recharge.

I have seen PP's use inversion at the same time as shield recharge, which clearly is unbalanced.

On a different note, something has happened to the Voltoi in Antares, the spawns are scarce since the patch.
[/quote]
every time i tried to sap whilst inverting it DID say another skill was in use so i always stopped it, sapped then inversion

[quote name='BrixunMortar' timestamp='1316384422' post='46278']
every time i tried to sap whilst inverting it DID say another skill was in use so i always stopped it, sapped then inversion
[/quote]
It was (if they didn't "adjust" it in the last minipatch) let you use 2 skills, it just put up a green text scrawl that another skill was being used, despite the scrawl it did the second skill. Of course with inversions graffix in effect, it might be hard to see the sap actually take form, unless you watched your shield like a hawk, and see it bump up.

For instance a PP could have inversion on and hit shield recharge to top off shield charge. High end mobs you can't sustain that long since your ractor gets drained fast from heals taken more often, but it is actually quite nice when factioning (it is a tool for griefers however in areas like the chavez in glenn, KSing peeps this way needs to have the griefer's posterior handed to them...)

Some of the skills do a que effect, you hit both and once one pops the other starts its charge up, a JDs summon and leech sort of does that if both were in activation range. I kind of like that, letting you stack skill effect to run consecutive.

Of course if group factioning was implimented.....the PW/PP inversion wouldn't be so grief friendly, nor KSing be much of a factor.

This has turned into a Jenquai Friendly game. Earlier today to much dismay. There was 2 TE, 1 PW, 1 JE, in a group all maxed and with top end gear. Low and behold the JE was getting almost all of the kill message. WOW 3 beams and no crit targeting.