Field Clear Bonus

There should definitely be apropriate level guardians of orefields, but BB Minions are a bit much for any field. That was the point I was trying to make about how heavily guarded a field should be. Most orefield guardians are going to be fighting explorers, not traders or warriors. If it's intended for warriors to protect explorers, such field guardians must have loot tables that make warriors want to hunt there, independent of explorers. (BB himself would qualify)

IMO the best way to end the cherry picking issue, is to start a 10 minute countdown timer on all roids/clouds/hulks, that starts counting when the first item is removed. That way there won't be fields full of just junk, that stay that way until cleared.

Like Redd said the fields will always respawn per their timers. Cherry picking is pulling only what you want from a roid/hulk and leaving stuff like say debris behind. In THAT case the roid/hulk will sit there taking up space in the field until someone finally gets tired of seeing it and empties it.

In really big fields its not that much of a issue but in hulk fields which generally are much smaller it can be a big pain in the rear. What drives me crazy about the cherry picking more then anything is that it hurts the person doind the picking as much as those that are not because the more cherried hulks in a field when it starts to respawn means less goodies for everyone.

Besides it really is the height of laziness since you can quickly space the debris to save space in your cargo. and by doing so there is a better chance something nice might spawn in its place.

By clearing fields that have been cherried by others and waiting for the respawn I have gotten 4 t9 blackbeads in the last week =^.^= YAY for storage alts :)

The GoBB field is the only one I know that can not be cloak mined by those of the appropriate combat level. Just because you have the reactor power to pull something does not mean your at the right level to do so. There is no field outside of the GoBB one that I can not with a little patience clear. Besides as I just posted its in your best interest to clear every roid you touch because it can then repop with hopefully more goodies.

And for the record if you know what your doing you can clear most of the hulks in GoBB without taking more then a little hull damage , I can only not get the few that spawn on top of the rock. Of course that's assuming your the right CL for the field.

Is it me or is there some confusion about what "cherry-picking" actually means?

It does NOT mean taking a few roids/hulks and leaving the rest of the field.

It means pulling one or more items from a single roid/hulk and leaving the rest in that particular roid/hulk, causing it to not respawn.

[quote name='ryprx' timestamp='1315860922' post='46035']
Is it me or is there some confusion about what "cherry-picking" actually means?

It does NOT mean taking a few roids/hulks and leaving the rest of the field.

It means pulling one or more items from a single roid/hulk and leaving the rest in that particular roid/hulk, causing it to not respawn.
[/quote]

Yup and its sadly rampant in many of the higher level hulk fields meaning less high level goodies for all of us. I personally find it annoying because I am looking for t8/9 gear for my builders to rip. I got so tired of playing maid I rarely even go to grissiom or half a dozen other higher end fields any more and stick a few that seem to be under the radar.

even if you pull a single ore out of a roid it marks the field for respawn. There will be a full respawn of the field after the field's respawn time has elapsed.

I'll add some subtle little effects to indicate a pristine field which I'll leave people to discover.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1315868499' post='46045']
even if you pull a single ore out of a roid it marks the field for respawn. There will be a full respawn of the field after the field's respawn time has elapsed.

I'll add some subtle little effects to indicate a pristine field which I'll leave people to discover.
[/quote]

Cool, that would fix the cherry picking issue. That's good to know.

[/quote]

Yupper, makes this whiner a happy camper.

Thank you.

[/quote]

Interesting because if thats the case it certainly isn't doing it as you say because if a roid/hulk wasn't emptied it doesnt get renewed, the rest of the field if a full roid/hulk was emptied does but not existing left behind ones...

[quote name='RojoMuerte' timestamp='1315875844' post='46052']
Interesting because if thats the case it certainly isn't doing it as you say because if a roid/hulk wasn't emptied it doesnt get renewed, the rest of the field if a full roid/hulk was emptied does but not existing left behind ones...
[/quote]

the whole field gets renewed after the respawn time has elapsed if an ore has been plucked. At least it should do :) I'll double check that it is all still working as expected.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1315876927' post='46054']
the whole field gets renewed after the respawn time has elapsed if an ore has been plucked. At least it should do :blink: I'll double check that it is all still working as expected.
[/quote]

Not sure about ores but the hulk fields in grissiom are not and I believe there are others that are not as well.

• 6 months later...
I can't seem to find where it was, - Maybe an old bug report? Anyway there was a report of pop roids interfering with field bonus. Recently I cleared a circular field with 1 pop roid. I started at the roid and circled all the way around with no bonus. I 'popped' the roid and a mob spawned, and still no bonus. I thought it had been fixed, or is it supposed to be that you won't get a bonus if a pop roid is in the field, or only if you get to mine the pop roid?

-tested several times in Glenn and VG. Pop roids most easily found with glowing roids, so that's what ended up being tested the most. Edited by Dakynos
update

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...