Framerate Limit ?

Hi all; new E&B player here, and new to the forums.

I've been playing my first character, a JE for several days now flawlessly.
I decided to make a TT on another account, and found a framerate bug in the character creation process.

I normally run a temperature-monitoring program when I play games, and so far my GPU has ran at a cool 38C-44C during my E&B adventures as a JE. It has never gone beyond 44C, even after extended hours of play flying around in traffic-heavy newbie areas.
However - when I got to the "customize face/body" step of the character creation process for my TT, my GPU temp started rising incredibly fast. My onboard fans kicked into high, and the last temp I saw was around 71C before my system shut itself down to prevent damage. (Yikes.)
I let it cool down for a few hours, and logged into my JE again - and everything was back to normal.

This type of bug has happened with other (older) games in the past. When newer hardware is running older games, and the older games don't have a built-in framerate limit, the new hardware can skyrocket the FPS - thereby burning out the GPU.
I have not attempted to re-create the bug, for fear of damage to my system. It's odd that creating my JE had no issue at all, but creating the TT almost instantly-overheated my GPU.

[b]I am wondering if there is any way in the E&B client .ini files (or otherwise) to set a max framerate value?[/b]

I was not running any other background processes during play, and have tried multiple games since then to see if it was my hardware/software settings - but everything else seems to run just fine.
I was also not playing extended hours when I made the TT, it was shortly after powering up my system, so it was still "cool" and not under load.

[b]My system specs[/b]:
WindowsXP Pro SP3
Intel Core2 T7200 @ 2.00GHz
2.0GHZ RAM
Nvidia GeForce Go 7950GTX 512MB
[b]My E&B video settings[/b]:
1600x1024 (windowed mode)
32bit CD
Bilienar filtering

Thanks in advance for any advice! Edited by Cygnus_7

Cygnus,

Unfortunately we've no direct control over this as the client and character creator were 100% designed by Westwood/EA. Having said that, I think it sets a max rate if you run their EnBConfig utiity from the game client directory. I know it sets quite a few values relating to the graphics by writing them into the registry. (note you have to run on admin if you use Vista/7 & have UAC enabled so it can write to the registry)

Kyp