JE Building Progen Reactors

Alessan

I thought in live JEs could build Progen only reactors, but we could not build Jenquai restricts reactors.
Same as TTs can build still that says Progen or Jenquai only so Jes should be able to build the Progen only reactors.

Please correct me if it's wrong...

Terran only can only be made by Terrans
Jenquai only can only be made by Jenquai
Progen only can only be made by Progen

Or can Jenquai and Progen only also be made by Terrans?

I think the intention is if its your "race only" you should providing you meet the build skill prerequisites. If it is restricted to you it currently (or as far as we know) restricts you from being able to build it, even if you had it mapped.

On live, the Progen and Jenquai were restricted in that they could not use or build each other's equipment. (and that's true here AFAIK) This was supposedly due to their adversarial relationship in the war. Terrans, as the master Traders from the game, were able to use and build all races' equipment.

On live there was often talk about dropping the race restriction on reactors, since the JE was the only class that could make them. But as stated, since there is a PT now we don't need that.

On live, actually, my JE salvaged Pirate reactors so he could build them for the Progen who needed reactors. They couldn't use Jenquai, and Terran reactors were inferior to store bought Progen reactors.

Also, I need to double check this, but isn't it true that NO Terran can build reactors, NO Jenquai can build shields, and no Progen can build engines? This wasn't as obvious live because we didn't have the two other Traders here, but I'm right about that limitation, aren't I? (My other thought is that the TE builds reactors for the Terrans) Edited by Dragoncove

I'm not the one to ask about storyline, i'll be the 1st to say.

As for the chatter in live about dropping the restrictions, I find that hard to believe as they already had the 3 new classes designed, but no time to put them in.

I think the question here relates to a reactor that says "Progen Only" and doesn't state "Jenqui Restricted" could be crafted by a JE. If there is a reactor by Sparta that fits this discription a JE should be able to build it.

On a personal note, I would like to see some of these in-game.

In live nobody could build "progen" reactors if a progen wanted a progen type reactor they had to loot it. There was a hole in the storyline and they even poked a bit of fun at that through mordana drops, mordana are jenquia rebels, but for some reason they dropped progen reactors..in the discripions of those loot only reactors it alluded to the "mystery" of why the would develop those reactors.

Progen were really handcapped on power needs because of that, they usually had to camp mordana or the grissom spacepatrol (PW aligned) to get a reactor w/progen buffs. Most progen if they didn't get a high quality drop from those had to settle for terran type like nova, or supernova reactors that had no buffs for progen other than that turbo to thrust buff that they could use.

Anything that says "x race only" is just that and manufactured by that race only. There was very few "terran only" things. Most things either said "x restricted" rather than "x race only"....so everything that excluded a race was manufacturable by the non-excluded race and terrans.

An example of this is most of the chavez stuff was "progen restricted" (shields was a exception, they was jenquia restricted) but none of it was "terran restricted" so the terrans could build all of it with the exception of reactors since JE were the only reactor builders then.

[quote name='Evermore' timestamp='1313600211' post='44846']
I'm not the one to ask about storyline, i'll be the 1st to say.

As for the chatter in live about dropping the restrictions, I find that hard to believe as they already had the 3 new classes designed, but no time to put them in.

I think the question here relates to a reactor that says "Progen Only" and doesn't state "Jenqui Restricted" could be crafted by a JE. If there is a reactor by Sparta that fits this discription a JE should be able to build it.

On a personal note, I would like to see some of these in-game.
[/quote]
In live there had been alluded to something that was going to "bring the races tech" together, that they were going to be driven together because of the attrition the V'rix was having on them. Without saying just what that was..many speculated or posted their hopes that there would be storyline missions that let players earn the right to "earn" access to the other races restricted stuff. Dev's never confirmed nor denighed officialy these speculations.

I knew some of the devs personally (we all lived and played in vegas at the time) and without "spilling the beans" some of them told me that there was indeed going to be both new tech (evidenced by new manufactering corps now in like trident, etc.) and storyline rewards that allowed SOME racial tech to be UNrestricted..I.E. earn the right to learn through proving loyalty, but never ALL the restricted stuff, that there would be racial tension over it. They never said how much or little this would blend, but told me I would love it and stay tuned. Of course we know EA dumped it all before that became a reality.

[quote name='Evermore' timestamp='1313597847' post='44844']
Anyone have a screenshot from LIVE that shows a 200% Progen Only Reactor ??
[/quote]

Hi

This is just for you Evermore [attachment=986:0356.gif] [attachment=987:0148.gif].

Enjoy.

Riia

[quote name='Riia' timestamp='1313609904' post='44854']
[attachment=988:0143.gif].
[/quote]
Riia,

Darn, the Crimson force barrier reactor has one helluva high capacity...

It's recharge is also a bit much.

Nurf it?
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1313601496' post='44848']
They never said how much or little this would blend, but told me I would love it and stay tuned. Of course we know EA dumped it all before that became a reality.
[/quote]

Personally, I liked the idea that the Jenquai could not use Progen technology, and vice versa, it gave a bit of variety to the classes. Otherwise, everyone would be running around with Progen shields, Jenquai reactors and Terran engines. (Not to mention Jenquai lasers, Progen projectiles and Terran missiles) The racial restrictions meant that a Jenquai and a Progen were different in more than just their skills. Yet, it wasn't so major that the Terrans had a huge advantage. (In fact, my TT often used Jenquai engines for the low signature)

I suppose it's fortunate that we've progressed beyond that problem right out of the gate, here. No one class can do everything, but at least there are no holes like that.

I will say that I THINK the Progen Only/non-Jenquai restricted reactors were added to live to fill that hole. But as AFAIK they were all high level reactors I wouldn't know. Edited by Dragoncove

The other three classes were not anywhere near finished at any point during Live. All of the available data for all of the above discussed things exists in a number of different control files in the client. The three unfinished classes were extremely skeletal in their designs, and had very few skills or information attached. The idea that time was the only thing keeping them from being added is completely false.

Also found in those same sets of files were the skeletal remains of the tech-sharing plans. "Lore" skills that would have allowed the building of various racial tech for whomever would have put points into the skills adequately. However, as previously mentioned, the addition of the two "new" trader classes makes those lore skills an obsolete idea.

[quote name='QX419-M' timestamp='1313625530' post='44862']
The other three classes were not anywhere near finished at any point during Live. All of the available data for all of the above discussed things exists in a number of different control files in the client. The three unfinished classes were extremely skeletal in their designs, and had very few skills or information attached. The idea that time was the only thing keeping them from being added is completely false.

Also found in those same sets of files were the skeletal remains of the tech-sharing plans. "Lore" skills that would have allowed the building of various racial tech for whomever would have put points into the skills adequately. However, as previously mentioned, the addition of the two "new" trader classes makes those lore skills an obsolete idea.
[/quote]

I remember when the live Devs were asked about when the Scout, Seeker, or Privateer would be in game their response was "lack of resources". Though it was not specific, it did imply that they weren't ready for play, and were not being worked on. Getting those classes up to the original 6, and balancing them so they are fully needed in group combat, and have fully defined roles will make for an interesting Alpha.

When new equipment starts to enter the game for the 3 new classes, on a bigger level than currently, will there be mention of it in the patch notes or on the forums? I'm not thinking in terms of specific equipment being mentioned, but something along the lines of "The Scout, Seeker, and Privateer now have new equipment for them in game, some is coming to a vendor near you, others are up to you to find."

I should hope so! As you said, it is unlikely to be a full list of item names, but I'm sure that when the items are added in with new class specific buffs, it will be mentioned in the patch notes for the most part. :(

[quote name='QX419-M' timestamp='1313629072' post='44864']
I should hope so! As you said, it is unlikely to be a full list of item names, but I'm sure that when the items are added in with new class specific buffs, it will be mentioned in the patch notes for the most part. :(
[/quote]

Thanks.

Nice stealth editing of Riia's post :(

Thanks for making me laugh.

On topic...

What about Explorer only equipment? Should that not be buildable by just the explorers?

While that is not entirely logical, but progen only being buildable by progen is not logical either, it would add a level of need for explorers to upgrade device tech.

But it's prob a bad idea since quite a few items would need to be redesignated...

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1313632211' post='44866']
What about Explorer only equipment? Should that not be buildable by just the explorers?
[/quote]

Class specific weapons for explorers would be a thing of the past if that was the case. Or just non-manu I guess, but that's less fun.