YAPRP

Mimir

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]PLEASE decrease the number of pop rocks. If you have already THANK YOU, bit shouldn’t they be rare? Like very rare? Or better yet take them out completely until you get them to sometimes pop nasty mobs, pop good puppy dog like mobs, pop good buffs, pop bad buffs, or just pop. To me they are a pain, I feel I need to pull them to assure the field will re-spawn, but they do nothing to add to excitement or enjoyment to me as a miner.

Please?
[/font][/size]

They just haven't gotten necessary attention yet. We're actually about to revisit it to add the actual mobs, at that time it'll end up scaled back a bit as well.

They shouldn't be rare, but they should be semi-rare, in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing the pop-rock mobs. Please put some interesting things in their loot tables. I'd think that most of the loot would be stuff that you'd just vendor, but the occasional nice, level apropraite item, would be something us explorers would like.

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]I remember hitting a few in live but never the amount I am seeing now. In fact I was helping non miners mine in live and we pulled thousands of ores and never hit a pop rock. [/font][/size]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]But there seems to be a bug in them (if they are going to stay) they prevent the field clear bonus (if this is going to stay). [/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]Today I pulled a pop rock that had only a single ore in it, and got it, I finished the field with no bonus. I think the assumption is that you won’t or can’t get them all so no bonus is awarded for any field with a (lol many) pop rocks in them.[/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]To be fair I don’t remember field clear bonuses, but maybe I just never cleared them as there were SO MANY more ores in fields in live [/size][/font]

I do agree with you Mimir that they're too frequent right now, but I don't want to go to the other extreme of them being nearly non-existent. I'm thinking for the smallest fields, that they may spawn in their entirety 4 or more times before a pop rock comes up, whereas the most extreme large field may have 2 or 3 every time the field spawns. There would be a small percentage chance that a pop rock will spawn in any given field, but there would be some modifier so all the fields weren't exactly the same.

It may be a bit much as it is now, but I don't think there's a need to tone it down all that much. I don't mind a pop-roid or two in each field, at least the average sized ones.

My memory is a bit hazy, but I seem to remember running into them more in the beginning, so either they were toned down during live, or more common in the lower level ore fields, since that's what I was mining early on.

Haven't noticed them preventing the clear field bonus, though I haven't put it to the test, but if they are, that needs to be fixed.

And they're not all bad. Sometimes you can actually pull a stack from them successfully, at least if you don't get too gready and start with the smaller ones...

[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1313042083' post='44582']
pop rock frequency is set by field. if one field has an abnormally high pop rock frequency, report it and go mine somewhere else.
[/quote]

Mine somewhere else...sheeeesh

Fenris: Derelict Nav Point
33 total
24 good
9 Pop Rocks - some look like normal crystals

Fenris: Hidden Nav for Hydrocarbons -
18 total
16 good
2 Pop Rocks no normal looking Pop Rocks

Not sure what the percentage should be but, 9 out of 33 total seems a bit high

What he's saying is (while you can't see it) a field object in the center of each field, that object is set by a percentage level of pop rocks, and has a count of asteroids, so it sounds like this one is set near 30%.

Kyp

what I meant was "mine somewhere else until we fix it"
that is of course only if we agree the field should be changed.

but yes, lots of fenris fields have high pop rock rates while many other sectors have pop rock rates of 2-5%.