Mission NPC for item 'Real Matter Sample'?

I recently looted a Real Matter Sample while down in 61 Cygni. I will not be able to remove the item from my cargo until an NPC takes it for a mission. There are no clues or hints as to which NPC or faction would be interested in this non-destructible item.

I've talked with every NPC that would respond down in the 61 area and no hints or clues ever popped up. Checked on Somerled - nothing. OMP - nothing. F7 - nothing. Net7 - nothing. I'm slowly expanding the stations that I visit to find an NPC willing to take this thing OUT of my cargo.

Any hints as to and NPC or even a station? Heck, I'll even settle for a sector or zone to focus my search on! Otherwise this item is going to be in my cargo until I search the entire EnB galaxy or forever comes first! :(

[quote name='Pyryck' timestamp='1312841513' post='44378']
I recently looted a Real Matter Sample while down in 61 Cygni. I will not be able to remove the item from my cargo until an NPC takes it for a mission. There are no clues or hints as to which NPC or faction would be interested in this non-destructible item.

I've talked with every NPC that would respond down in the 61 area and no hints or clues ever popped up. Checked on Somerled - nothing. OMP - nothing. F7 - nothing. Net7 - nothing. I'm slowly expanding the stations that I visit to find an NPC willing to take this thing OUT of my cargo.

Any hints as to and NPC or even a station? Heck, I'll even settle for a sector or zone to focus my search on! Otherwise this item is going to be in my cargo until I search the entire EnB galaxy or forever comes first! :(
[/quote]

Dahin planet is where he is as far as I recall.

[quote name='redcrowley' timestamp='1312841668' post='44380']
Dahin planet is where he is as far as I recall.
[/quote]

Thank you for that idea. I'll head down that way to resume my search.

correct, sorry but the item is useless to anyone who does not have the mission. Only JEs can get the mission and they are given the item during the mission so no point in finding another one. The item should not be dropping from mobs so if you remember what mob it came from, tell us and we will remove it from that mob.

you can either submit a GM ticket in game or put all your inventory items in your vault except for the real matter sample then go into space and use the /restoreinv command. This will destroy all the items in your inventory so if everything else in your inventory is gone it will only remove the real matter sample.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1312966881' post='44551']
correct, sorry but the item is useless to anyone who does not have the mission. Only JEs can get the mission and they are given the item during the mission so no point in finding another one. The item should not be dropping from mobs so if you remember what mob it came from, tell us and we will remove it from that mob.

you can either submit a GM ticket in game or put all your inventory items in your vault except for the real matter sample then go into space and use the /restoreinv command. This will destroy all the items in your inventory so if everything else in your inventory is gone it will only remove the real matter sample.
[/quote]

Sorry about the lateness of the response. I was down in Aganju and picked it up off one of the bots between the controllers and nommos.

I have already removed the item from my inventory. Thank you all for the responses!