BOINC/ SETI@Home Team

[quote name='redcrowley' timestamp='1312800975' post='44265']
/runs off to find out what a boinc "team" is exactly.

Once I figure that out, there is a distinct possibility I'd join up. I have been running seti/boinc for ages as i always had faith in the seti project, even if our government lacked it.
[/quote]

I used to run SETI on my computer back in the day when I studied at the university, but I have not had similar programs running on my systems for quite some time. I wouldn't mind running boinc on my computers though, since many of my computers are usually idle for several hours every day.

[quote name='Knix' timestamp='1312807428' post='44293']
I used to run SETI on my computer back in the day when I studied at the university, but I have not had similar programs running on my systems for quite some time. I wouldn't mind running boinc on my computers though, since many of my computers are usually idle for several hours every day.
[/quote]

Ok, I had a look at exactly what teams are. Basically a way to track how much a single group contributes to a project. A bit of fun incentive I suppose, so I am in...

[quote name='redcrowley' timestamp='1312807935' post='44294']
Ok, I had a look at exactly what teams are. Basically a way to track how much a single group contributes to a project. A bit of fun incentive I suppose, so I am in...
[/quote]

After reading the post, I went and downloaded the software. I think it is for a good cause. I also am in...

Rotgus

[quote name='Shaddex' timestamp='1312988235' post='44560']
As there seems to be a little interest, ive set up a Team on SETI. Feel free to join !!

Team: Earth and Beyond Emulator
[/quote]
WOW thats a flashback. Forgot all about SETI. I think the last time I was messing with that was when EnB was live.

I might give it another go here soon, especially now that I have a fleet of 30 computers I manage.

[quote name='AtomicGecko' timestamp='1313003198' post='44569']
WOW thats a flashback. Forgot all about SETI. I think the last time I was messing with that was when EnB was live.

I might give it another go here soon, especially now that I have a fleet of 30 computers I manage.
[/quote]
I did a search at SETI@home and found 2 teams. One was actually a team (Earth and Beyond: Online) from the old (live) days started by Albino Eatpod (rings a few bells I gather). They still seems to be active, at least a few of them... We could just join them...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...