Mars & Beyond

I might be Jonney-be-lately, and I am not a programmer. With that being said, how hard would it be to rewrite the cliet and remove EA out of the picture 100%? This would solve so many issues. The first being the advertising issue and the second being that you could get this game going with MANY more people. Any Ideas? Am I way off base or out of line? Is this something that is being thought of or worked on? Thanks for any constructive comments.

Rotgus

Change the models, change the ui. Rewrite the client. I'm sure ea would have a hay day with anything resembling their game. May as well start from scratch on a new game. It's my understanding that ea isn't to bothered as long as the server isn't making any money. can't charge people to play. Advertising the game itself is probably pretty risky. But non-profit organizations are allowed to do fund raisers. Hold a bake sale? ;p

There was talk of maybe working on a completely separate and new game after EnB gets running real nice, of course that's one of those things that we all want to do but rarely actually have time to. As far as re-writing the client: it'd be an extremely difficult task, given the one to three programmers we may have at any given time. It would be way too much for us to tackle; we'll have to stick with the old-timey EnB client and the ever-looming malicious overlord EA. ;)

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1312521094' post='44083']
There was talk of maybe working on a completely separate and new game after EnB gets running real nice, of course that's one of those things that we all want to do but rarely actually have time to. As far as re-writing the client: it'd be an extremely difficult task, given the one to three programmers we may have at any given time. It would be way too much for us to tackle; we'll have to stick with the old-timey EnB client and the ever-looming malicious overlord EA. :P
[/quote]

Thanks much for the reply. I was just trying to think of a way to remove ourselfs from the looming palm of EA. I just love this game SO much. Do not wanna see it go bye bye again. BTW, you guys are and have done an unreal job of bringing back our game that we missed so much for so long. Thanks again :)

Rotgus