Xipe Totec Memories

Xipe Totec was always an interesting sector, so as I recreate it I wonder:

What was your favorite memory from Xipe Totec?

my favorite memory from Xipe Totec was wandering around the radiated area scavenging for hulks when I got attacked by a manes that was a much higher combat level than me. I tried to warp away but the manes hit me so hard it interrupted my warp. Just then one of my friends flew by, but they must have been afk warping through Xipe. I yelled "SAVE ME!!!!" but they didn't respond. Very comical moment.

My best memories of Xipe Totec were activating the OCD and the encounter.

Not my guild, but Gatekeepers of Unimatrix Zero on Andromeda were the first to discover the encounter and run it. My guild had fun working together to prepare and then run the encounter. Activations always had to be done in secrecy to avoid another guild dropping in and attempting to KS the ZTG.

Learning how to disable the Intzalan Line was another distinctive memory. Anyone who spent any time in XT got that grid burned into their retinas so disabling it was a moment of joy.

I remember many hulk fields and asteroid fields there. Mining was always challenging with the Manes and Oni's running around.

The Tempest encounter was also tons of fun, building the OCD, then as Lot said above, keeping it secret to avoid folks trying to steal the prize.

i spent tons of time there. i was the second on Orion to activate the OCD and iirc the first was a guy named Hamlet. (who i helped acquire parts for the OCD and in return helped me with the steps needed to get a working device)
My fondest memory was my Sentinal getting KS'd for a few days by a TE there.
I assembled a computer outta some parts i had laying around and borrowed a buddies acct that happened to have a high lvl JD. I can just imagine his/her face when the JD decloaked and started firing as well. that person did not have a good time for the next few days in XT.
It was the beginning of my dual boxing. :)

[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1311887283' post='43754']
one question: when triggered did the OCD raid spawn one or two waves of monsters?
and was the tempest accompanied by oni or manes?
[/quote]

ZTG CL66 + bunch of Oni Protectors CL55

The protectors shield recharged the ZTG - the CL66 + CL55s were all fairly resistant to plasma damage.

I can't remember how many protectors spawned with the ZTG and I think a bunch of CL40 manes might've spawned with the ZTG + OPs too -- just to add extra fun interference. As guilds got better at the encounter it was usual to primary the ZTG ignoring the OPs and manes and take it down in 20 seconds or so.

[quote name='CheezeBaal' timestamp='1311922885' post='43782']
i dont remember manes spawning for the OCD, juswt the zen and the oni protectors. but i do remember there being high lvl manes there protecting the ore fields in the bottom right hand couple of navs.
[/quote]

Yes, there were manes populating XT but CL40 manes also spawned with the encounter.

The CL55s were either named Oni Protectors or Oni Guardians may be there some of both.

The ZTG had rally and area menace and 700k shields (yeh bet that turns in 7M shields in the emulator lol).

Goodness that seems so long ago... My most vivid memory of XT was taking my JE over the line and under cloak to mine the rich ore fields - often looking for conorite and other valued ores. I don't even remember what guarded them, but pretty sure it was mainly some nasty looking biological of some sort. This was were i learned to appreciate the scan range of the JE.

If i remember the raid correctly, the mobs never fired on you until you fired on them, so you could engage each mob one at a time. I remember that much because i once accidently had my shield leech set to sphere leech, and managed to aggro about three at once... We survived it, and i always remembered to double check my leech icon twice..

Best memory is firing off 6 OCD's within about 30 mins. Ofcourse it was done in secrecy by constantly checking who was in the sector with that /command. It took about 3 days to get that many OCD's together and thats with 18 hour playing per day and two TE's.

The drops from those 6 OCD's were 3 device matrices, two weapon matrices and then a lot of that useless crap like the beam, the reactor and the projectile launcher.

Mind you that was post-nerf of the build enhancement items so they were kinda crap as well.

I always felt these items were made very early on in development and never updated, so they became useless as new items were introduced. I hope that this time round it will be done right.

• 3 weeks later...