Server up or down?

Updater is down for me, as well.

E: Okay, you can get in game, but you cannot create a toon, and logging in with an old one is kind of hazardous, since you run the risk of having it wiped by the powers that be. Be careful. :)

Why is the server down I missed the reason? Anyone tell me?

There were a few problems. The server was actually working while showing offline.

Right now there is a 48-hour rollback being performed. Something happened which caused toons to simply disappear. Fortunately, we have a database to which we can revert. Those that lost their toons should get them back, and the rest of us can redo the last two days right. :D

Here's hoping everything works out.

In any case, I think it is important to see if backups can be applied in realtime to correct problems.

Testing 1, 2, 3...

There were a few problems. The server was actually working while showing offline.

Right now there is a 48-hour rollback being performed. Something happened which caused toons to simply disappear. Fortunately, we have a database to which we can revert. Those that lost their toons should get them back, and the rest of us can redo the last two days right. :D

Here's hoping everything works out.

In any case, I think it is important to see if backups can be applied in realtime to correct problems.

Testing 1, 2, 3...

Cool, I guess they learned a lot from the last wipe :) I can't wait to get back online and start playing my JD again.

Updater is down for me, as well.

E: Okay, you can get in game, but you cannot create a toon, and logging in with an old one is kind of hazardous, since you run the risk of having it wiped by the powers that be. Be careful. :D

What?? WHY?

[edit] Nevermind. I read some of the other threads.

I cannot yet put this as part of my signature, as the forum will not allow it.

However, i have recreated the Status image

http://www.net-7.org/status/status.php - u will have to click to show the image

Thanks

Not working for me. See:

th_net7_indicator.png

[edit] OK, no need to tell you that the server is still down. :D

I am learning SQL Server right now. The book says a good backup strategy is weekly full backups, daily differential backups, and hourly transaction log backups. They should be stored in a different physical location, such as a different building in another city, in a locked room with fire detection systems and no standing water. And Jet Lee in the closet. :)

Hi,

not sure when the server will be back up again - one of the other devs is rolling the SQL player database back so ppl can get their chars back but it looks like he's having trouble with it.

Yes we do use SQL and yes it's more than good enough to run our MMO :) Although obviously it isn't just SQL, the database is just one component of the server - we use it for content and storing player data.

TB

playing EnB is a good excuse for not sleeping. but I cant play so I might as well get some sleep....

Yea -- you're right. I'm just getting a bit nervous here. Not knowing if things are okay is worse than knowing. Being an idiot when it comes to knowing what it takes to accomplish a rollback, I'm just anxious to see whether or not I have survived.

I'd rather roll into sleep knowing I'll roll into the game with 48 hours gone or just plain back to 0.

G'nite, Toons.