Names

Riz

Nothing major here, and if it were to be considered I would expect it to be low on the priority list, however...

I would like to have the ability to have more than one capped letter in a character name (besides the JD,JD,JS,PP,PS,PW,TE,TS,TT). Like for example if I were to take the name McTaggart, I would like to be able to do it that way.

[quote name='Riz' timestamp='1311122342' post='43445']
Nothing major here, and if it were to be considered I would expect it to be low on the priority list, however...

I would like to have the ability to have more than one capped letter in a character name (besides the JD,JD,JS,PP,PS,PW,TE,TS,TT). Like for example if I were to take the name McTaggart, I would like to be able to do it that way.
[/quote]

I second that.
I have always had mine as: BuzzStPoint

Would be kinda nice, but I guess it's not necessary.

ok then, probably the best way is with a / command, where you can type your existing name but change the capitalisation. We'll have to have a limit on the number of caps because we really don't want people called:

TaRnIsH McHoLlIs

wandering around, that would just be annoying.

ock, McTaggar-r-r-rt .. suumone's bin mur-r-r-rdud! Wut is thae wur-uld cooming too?

The ability to capitalize more letters means BuzzStPoint's (wtf that is not even a name) and AtomicGecko's (wtf?) attempts at naming will become more common.

And just to be clear that is not naming, it is adding several random words to create a unique emo tag.

I prefer how it was in live where due to having one capital letter available, people would mainly have a single word name.

Also, if you are going down the road of giving multiple capital letters you might as well add spaces so Justin Bieber can be made...
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1311226230' post='43462']
ok then, probably the best way is with a / command, where you can type your existing name but change the capitalisation. We'll have to have a limit on the number of caps because we really don't want people called:

TaRnIsH McHoLlIs

wandering around, that would just be annoying.

ock, McTaggar-r-r-rt .. suumone's bin mur-r-r-rdud! Wut is thae wur-uld cooming too?
[/quote]

Cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1311234465' post='43465']
The ability to capitalize more letters means BuzzStPoint's (wtf that is not even a name) and AtomicGecko's (wtf?) attempts at naming will become more common.

And just to be clear that is not naming, it is adding several random words to create a unique emo tag.

I prefer how it was in live where due to having one capital letter available, people would mainly have a single word name.

Also, if you are going down the road of giving multiple capital letters you might as well add spaces so Justin Bieber can be made...
[/quote]

I'm with Tyran on this one. Allowing the class tags (JD/PW/etc) to be capitalized was lenient enough.