Server failed to respond to sector login

Any ideas why this is ? No problems getting to sign in screen or character screen, but its dropping on map screen.

Checked advanced settings on launcher and this seems all ok , servers shows 142 people online and playing, which i think is unfair, i`m not one of them !

16:15:20: Found 1 servers in (sunrise.net-7.org)
16:15:20: Trying server: (sunrise.net-7.org)
16:15:21: Login Service Connection Successful.
16:15:21: GetTicketSync(1) connection succeed with valid result.
User : Balcarrie
Password Context : NOT NULL, NOT ZERO LENGTH
ServiceID : 2184
Auth Login Base Service : AuthLogin
Auth Login Server : sunrise.net-7.org
Code :
Text : Edited by Balcarrie

[quote name='Balcarrie' timestamp='1310146265' post='43051']
Still having this problem, if anyone could help this old gamer out would be appreciated. Though i know if i get this up and running my life as i know it will end, just like it did back in Beta :lol:
[/quote]
Usually a firewall port problem. Try making sure port 443 is open.

Rolo

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1310156463' post='43056']
Usually a firewall port problem. Try making sure port 443 is open.

Rolo
[/quote]

Hi Rolo, i suspected that may be the problem so i went and created a firewall command telling it to do just that, didn`t make a bit of difference!

Same problem for me droping to windows after selecting a character to play . Never has that kind of problem befor. Kind this started yestoday have notice i was kicked one time yestoday evening and now today ... 170 online atm

I'm having the same problem now too. I can log into either account, select a character, but as I try to go into the game, I just look at the blue screen with the galaxies for a very long time.... Help!!

Tried changing emulation modes - had been running Win 7, as admin... tried WinXP... no luck

Says 180 online...

this does sound like firewall or admin issues, it could have started after the net7proxy update - make sure net7proxy is allowed to run in administrator mode.

I will have to add more diagnostics to net7proxy to report why it can't log in. The fact that you can see the server implies you have some ports open, but you also need 3500 to 3702.

You *could* try enabling the 'lock port' option. This gives a slightly slower play experience but is worth trying as it does all its comms via just the one port, then the server forwards the incoming opcodes to the relevant sector, and funnels all the outgoing server opcodes via the one port (3806).

If your firewall allows you to open ports (any decent one does) then open 3800 - 3808 and try using 'lock port' on the launcher.