Pop-roids and mining generally

I think pop-roids are broken today. I've tried a dozen or more today and all pop without giving up ore. Not as intended? Also a couple of people were saying high level pop-roids ding a low level shield just as much as a high level shield.

I've returned to the game after a year's absence - mainly to check out the new mining functionality. The hulks are a great improvement, but there seems to be a lack of ore-fields generally, especially high level. I see a lot of L50 manes patrolling empty fields. Nearly all of my favorite haunts have gone. The best fields have gone - or have they been moved? Wassup?

[quote name='Amethyst' timestamp='1309100820' post='42629']
I think pop-roids are broken today. I've tried a dozen or more today and all pop without giving up ore. Not as intended? Also a couple of people were saying high level pop-roids ding a low level shield just as much as a high level shield.

I've returned to the game after a year's absence - mainly to check out the new mining functionality. The hulks are a great improvement, but there seems to be a lack of ore-fields generally, especially high level. I see a lot of L50 manes patrolling empty fields. Nearly all of my favorite haunts have gone. The best fields have gone - or have they been moved? Wassup?
[/quote]
We're still in Stress test atm, not even reached alpha, let alone beta, so still a lot of content work to do.

Rolo

And mining is one of those things that needs some serious, affectionate attention. And creativity. And time.

If I had more free time, I'd be tempted to take it on, as mining was one of my favorite things. ;)
  • Upvote 1

The fields might be gone because they've been depleted by other players or they haven't been added yet.

Pop rocks are still a work in progress and because of the way asteroid fields are structured right now they will never be quite the same way as live. Not sure it will stay that way but the way the fields work right now is you have to clear all the roids before the field will respawn, after a timer has passed. Back in live asteroid fields respawned gradually.

The advantages of the way it works now is that players can't sit in the same fields and mine until they get tired. There is more need to switch fields and a more fluctuating supply.

The advantages of the other way is you don't have to switch fields if you don't want to. There is less need to go out and find other fields. Some players find this more relaxing.

[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1309146636' post='42672']
Pop rocks are still a work in progress and because of the way asteroid fields are structured right now they will never be quite the same way as live. Not sure it will stay that way but the way the fields work right now is you have to clear all the roids before the field will respawn, after a timer has passed. Back in live asteroid fields respawned gradually.
[/quote]

I've seen fields spawn gradually in the emu too. Could that have been caused by someone else clearing the field and the timer having passed since then?