Mining field plans

I have recently,(last few weeks),started playing my PS Ladymorgue again and have been having a blast with her. Since mining is of course a large part of what she does, I have noticed that the fields are "different". Now please understand, this is not a "complaining" post but a legitimate question I have been mulling over the past couple of weeks. I also do not spend hours pouring over the forums so if I say something stupid or that has been previously addressed I ask that you have a little patience :)

I remember there being fields all over the place in live. I'm not talking about the Merlin Buffet we were served up awhile back but the actual fields that existed when I flew through space in live. Many were along the nav paths but there were some great ones you had to go searching for way off the beaten path. I know that some fields currently exist in the emulator similar to this but space feels somewhat empty. I'll use Lagarto as an example: In live when you came out of the Endriago gate if you turned S/SW there was a field that started roughly 7-10k away from the gate. It was big. So big in fact that it nearly wrapped around the western third of the planet with many more smaller fields scattered all the way around the back of Lagarto (anybody remember the named guy that used to spawn back there? He killed me many times in live). There was also a large field that existed in front of and between the moons themselves and fields scattered along/around the Deneb paths. The place was loaded and these were not all low level fields iirc. Now though it is just empty with a few piddly roids out on the eastern end and maybe some still around the area of destroyed Progen vessel (is it Pax Decima?).

If I understand things correctly, currently the sector devs are in charge of what spawns in their sectors(?)so I guess my question would be are the fields we currently have going to be the staple or is there a goal of getting the fields much closer to what existed in live?

Thanks for your time.