Can't log in

Heres some details I noticed between one PC that I can log in with and the ones I can not..
[b]At the launcher screen I see this on the PC I can not connect with[/b]:
The Authentication Box is grayed out as is the Client Detours, I can not check either one.

[img]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/phorlaug/Launcher.jpg[/img]

At the Force update screen I see this:
WTH is [b]Fordprefect[/b] doing as a User ?

[img]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/phorlaug/fordprefect.jpg[/img]

[b]On the working connecting PC at the Force Update box I have:[/b]

[img]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/phorlaug/Forceupdategood.jpg[/img]

On the PC that I am [u]unable[/u] to log in with I have tried to change the EA Games\Earth & Beyond\release\authlogin.log to match that of the connecting PC. No Luck

Let me know what other info you need.

[b]EDIT:[/b] The 2 PC's that I CAN NOT log in with, 1 is and Windows XP and the other is Win 7.

Phorlaug..

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1308971784' post='42518']
Heres some details I noticed between one PC that I can log in with and the ones I can not..
[b]At the launcher screen I see this on the PC I can not connect with[/b]:
The Authentication Box is grayed out as is the Client Detours, I can not check either one.

At the Force update screen I see this:
WTH is [b]Fordprefect[/b] doing as a User ?
[b]EDIT:[/b] The 2 PC's that I CAN NOT log in with, 1 is and Windows XP and the other is Win 7.

Phorlaug..
[/quote]

[b]Repaired:[/b] I uninstalled Net-7 then reinstalled Net-7 Launcher and Client patch from here:
http://www.net-7.org/?page=downloads
I may not of needed the Client patch but I did it any way.

Self help :) all is well
Phorlaug...

[quote name='Hypnos' timestamp='1308991305' post='42525']
Ok........re-installed launcher....didn't change .......still shows offline......:)

Anymore suggestions??

Thanks.......Hyp
[/quote]

Yes now do a force update:
At the top of the Launcher right side you will see "help"
Click help, Click Advanced settings, click Force update.
Close all windows and re-launch game.

If your on a Windows 7 PC, right click the Net-7 .exe on your desktop and
click Run as Administrator
Let it patch. Hopefully it'll work for ya.

EDIT:
If that don't work there may be a chance you may need to install the security Certificates. Hopefully you know your way around your PC files. it can be a tricky navigation for the novice..
Phor..

[quote name='nulian' timestamp='1309016629' post='42541']
Thats because the server currently is down.
[/quote]

Well, that would explain it.....

Where can I go to check server status in case this happens in the future -- or is there a regularly scheduled 'down-time'?

Thanks.

Oki Doki,

I've forced updates, and installed the certificates. When I force updates and start launcher, and after it finish's running the updates when it starts up, it starts with host as dev.net-7 rather than play.net-7. It's online (of course I can't log into it) when I change it to Play.net-7 it goes back to saying offline. *sigh* There's little question that I'm mising somthing, I simply have no idea what it could be.

Thanks again for all your help,

Hyp....

[quote name='Hypnos' timestamp='1309025641' post='42552']
Oki Doki,

I've forced updates, and installed the certificates. When I force updates and start launcher, and after it finish's running the updates when it starts up, it starts with host as dev.net-7 rather than play.net-7. It's online (of course I can't log into it) when I change it to Play.net-7 it goes back to saying offline. *sigh* There's little question that I'm mising somthing, I simply have no idea what it could be.

Thanks again for all your help,

Hyp....
[/quote]

Hyp - the reply to my question about not being able to log in.... was that the server is currently off line.

In my continueing efforts to regain a grasp on game play, I will recap what I have done thus far to restablish game play and hopefuly its being a bit more concise will encourage a meaningful response i.e. HEEEELP! (sry, after 25 hrs plus peterin' with it i'm becoming a bit more flakey than normal).

Per the "Do this first" list in forums:
Made certain "Automatically detect settings" is ckd under LAN settings.
I have deleted "Launch net7" folder to eliminate repeated entries in "hosts" drop down whick DID allow Sunrise.net7 rather than dev server load on launcher.

Per the suggestions of others:
Uninstalled/reinstalled Net7 launcher.
Reset updates.
Reinstalled security updates.

The only thing left that I can think of to try is reformat drive and start over. Having done this a few times since ST2 only to learn ot didn't help, I've been putting it off so far....:huh:
Groveling/begging for help is not very prominant in my skill set but, I' tryin'

Hope to see everyone in game soon, Thanks and kindest regards, Hyp....

And a hardy thank you to Phorlaug for his assistance.....:unsure: Edited by Hypnos