End Game

In live, I was a 135 TT when EnB went down, so I never experienced max level. My question is:
What do you do after you hit cap?

Will the cap be extended to say 160 and more content added?

Just curious.

More of whatever you did to level up, plus you can go on raids with other players. You can get skill points beyond L150 by filling your experience bars, same as you did below 150. The difference is that you only get 1 skill point per overding, and your level remains the same.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1308765476' post='42407']
More of whatever you did to level up, plus you can go on raids with other players. You can get skill points beyond L150 by filling your experience bars, same as you did below 150. The difference is that you only get 1 skill point per overding, and your level remains the same.
[/quote]
That makes a bunch of sense.. So there'll be plenty of things for us to do afterwards?

[quote name='Darkwolfe' timestamp='1308771912' post='42410']
That makes a bunch of sense.. So there'll be plenty of things for us to do afterwards?
[/quote]

In Live it was mostly raiding, high level hunting, mining, in a few places. There were also missions that could be done given by NPCs. We'll have to wait and see what the EMU devs have in store for us w/r/t high level content.

Sounds good to me. I am having a blast. To me, this game is relaxing at times and very stressful at times. I enjoy the long trading routes on occasion to take a break and watch my ship cruise and the stress when my shields are going down. Then you have the reactor to worry about. I hate that piece of equipment as a TT! LOL

I am trying to get my best friend to play, but he says the graphics are dated. He doesn't understand the depth of this game and the great community.

I have asked, what I think, are stupid questions, but always get a polite response and helpful information. It sure is different from the stuff I hear in World of Warcraft.

Your question about endgame content is not stupid at all. It is actually one day going to be the single most important one I think.

Because who likes leveling their character to 150 in order to do raids so you get better equipment to do exactly what...become better at those same raids?

I say this because during live the endgame content was raids, raids and more raids. The live devs just made a new overpowered uber weapon each update to keep people happy.

The endgame of EnB was meant to revolve around PvP but given that PvP is combat...that would not please everyone.

I hope these devs can cook up something better because I would hate to waste time and be forced into an IRL life because the emulator bored me...
  • Upvote 1

I personally do have some OL150s that I use to farming items for builders, helping getting lower level guildies rare items, etc. Raiding is a small part of being OL150+, in live you were mainly limited by respawn timers, that's kinda true today, but you might be limited by lack of people for the raid content too nowadays.

There are other claases, like miners, that have it a lot easier after maxing out.

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1308898598' post='42445']The endgame of EnB was meant to revolve around PvP but given that PvP is combat...that would not please everyone.

I hope these devs can cook up something better because I would hate to waste time and be forced into an IRL life because the emulator bored me...
[/quote]

This has actually been talked about a few times over the long time I've been around the project. Many of the devs have the same mixed feeling about PvP content as the community has voiced in the past, but I personally feel certain that combat could be balanced out to be interesting, and I also feel confident that there are plenty more options that can count as PvP content without being full-blown combat at all.

However, this is one of those matters that tends to be a bit delicate, both in the playerbase, and among devs, as we all have our own preferences and feeling on things. Once more major issues are addressed and balanced out a bit better, I'm sure you'll see some interesting things cropping up in terms of "Endgame" content, as well as more forward looking things, such as skills, levels, and the leveling-up experience.

:unsure:
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='QX419-M' timestamp='1309046249' post='42591']
This has actually been talked about a few times over the long time I've been around the project. Many of the devs have the same mixed feeling about PvP content as the community has voiced in the past, but I personally feel certain that combat could be balanced out to be interesting, and I also feel confident that there are plenty more options that can count as PvP content without being full-blown combat at all.

However, this is one of those matters that tends to be a bit delicate, both in the playerbase, and among devs, as we all have our own preferences and feeling on things. Once more major issues are addressed and balanced out a bit better, [b]I'm sure you'll see some interesting things cropping up in terms of "Endgame" content, as well as more forward looking things, such as skills, levels, and the leveling-up experience.[/b]

:unsure:
[/quote]

That sounds pretty interesting. How much are you guys allowed to disclose on this? I'm particularily curious about skills & levels.

Not at all, aside from that, actually. The reason is simply that nothing has really been decided, nor talked about in depth. In-fact, I'm pretty sure we haven't got any of it written down at this point.

Keep in mind, most of what I posted above are my own ideas on the matter, combined with vaguery we've kicked around over time. :unsure:

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1308898598' post='42445']
The endgame of EnB was meant to revolve around PvP but given that PvP is combat...that would not please everyone.
[/quote]

what game were you playing ? PvP was never "end game" here, the arena were an after thought thrown in well after launch to please the fairly small % of people who wanted it

Many of the original design docs made mention of faction based PvP goals, particularly those relating to the older iterations of the game, which was initially based on "twitch" type gameplay.

He may be referring to that, or other points during EnB's lifetime, in which the subject was brought up, but never pursued.

[quote name='QX419-M' timestamp='1309054234' post='42616']
Not at all, aside from that, actually. The reason is simply that nothing has really been decided, nor talked about in depth. In-fact, I'm pretty sure we haven't got any of it written down at this point.

Keep in mind, most of what I posted above are my own ideas on the matter, combined with vaguery we've kicked around over time. :)
[/quote]

It's still great that you guys have ideas for the game, particularily endgame, thank you for the hard work.