leaving crap lying around

today a bunch of us were in bbw do the controllar ,but there was so much lag we all got debt and smashed gear ok thats part of the game whats not part of game is ppl leaving crap floating in space like 50 + reactor in bbw that causes lag . so please if you dont want it dont loot it leave it in hulk so it can despawn or loot it and throw it bac into space ok please . this is not the same as leaving a marker in space ok this was just stupid leaving 50+ reactors there please dont do this again thank you

Yes the troller raid saturday would like to thank the people leaving leaving junk all over BBW for the lag and debt we all incurred.

Second off I don't know if this was due to the exceptionally bad lag or not but my JD was killed while being cloaked 30+k away from the destroyed nav. A 58 omega fired first then the troller got me we were also being shot at more then 20k away and invisible to the mobs.

Second point my PP impulsed 110k with 2 65 disruptors following me grav linking me and shooting me I was 45k from the gates when the grav well relented and I could warp away. Luckily I was geared for shield recharging and just kept running.

Third thing the troller would chase you and shoot at you more then 50k away from the main destroyed nav..

Since you guys want to make this like live.. How about the troller doesn't move he has groups around him pa's and stuff and every 25% you kill him a new wave spawns instead of giving unlimited aggro range and scan and 900% turbo on 25k range beams..

Just a few thoughts.

[quote name='rabidcajun' timestamp='1308449484' post='42293']
they are talkin about one of the trainin navs around the 4 gates, have seen it also, those unique reactors floatin like people leave the rum
[/quote]

Maybe the guy on QAR that talks about rum should reward a little more, or maybe if rum were stackable people might not leave it. The unique class reactors probably aren't in demand as players may have better choices. So they may be only useful to a reactor builder, in terms of increasing their build lists.

this really isn't a terrible problem to have, i'm really impressed whith how long our server stays alive... in live, at least on pegasus, we managead to lag that baby down and crash it at least every other day to flush the floaters and get resets on the raids. ohh the good ol days of 2 gates and 2 controllers in a single sitting...

Controller taken out this morning after the restart, no issues of lag or mobs with excessive range (weapon,scan, or pursue range). It does seem likely your problems were all lag related, caused by the buildup of excessive floating items, which are wiped with a restart.

drop rate on the Tradesman's Source and Enforcer's Plant have been reduced. Changes will be seen in the next content update.

they were dropping at 40% so no wonder there were so many floating in space.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1308551177' post='42328']
I keep meaning to have floaters evaporate into space.

10 mins long enough for floaters to hang around?
[/quote]

Good idea, but please make a bit longer, we sometimes space things in raids for newbies to pick up later. Bonus points if you can fix the issue were players sometimes can't target spaced items.

[quote name='Procat' timestamp='1308565038' post='42330']
Bonus points if you can fix the issue were players sometimes can't target spaced items.
[/quote]
Yes please! It messes up cycling through targets by use of the next target keybind, since it gets stuck when trying to target an untargetable spaced object.

The whole point of leaving floaters is to help other players obtain equipment they may otherwise not get. Even if players post in chat what they have left and where, 10 minutes may not be enough time to get there.

Make the disappear timer 30 mins. That should be enough time for players to get there and shouldn't pose a problem to raiders.

Reduce the spawn rate on the known problem items and make all the Yumm-O-Booze stackable.